Please take note if you're having fireworks this weekend

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Guys

If you are having your fireworks this weekend please be aware of the potentially extreme weather conditions. If you do decide to proceed please take all precautions.

Rain

Ensure your fireworks are covered until the very last minute to prevent water damage which could result in misfire. If you are firing one by one then only have the firework out being used. If you are setting your display out for quick fire then simply user bin liners or plastic bags to cover your fireworks and take them off as you light them.

Wind

Check the wind direction and strength. Consider your spectators, buildings, trees etc as aerial fireworks in particular can be pushed off course. If there are erratic strong gusts as apposed to consistent wind speed I world strongly suggest you reschedule.
Gusts are unpredictable changing direction and speed without warning.

Most of all take care and have a great night.

M17CH

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 15, 2012
wishing i waited till next weekend now but to many people invited so will have to soldier on lol

Mitch

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
I in the same position M17CH. at least i got fountain if necessary just to do. may have to send up a "test rocket" to see what wind like. but rain wise hopefully we will have gaps in the weather.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
I find that if you set up your fireworks with the audience's backs facing the prevailing wind then displaying in very windy weather isn't a problem;it's the fallout dropping on people, to me at least, that would be the main concern. Anyway a bit of wind blowing towards the fireworks is good;it carries fallout safely away and clears any smoke;)