Please Dont Get Robbed This Firework Season

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

triple burst

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 28, 2014
This is just a warning to all the newbie that are searching for decent pyro this season could not believe the prices take a look and be warned rocket packs rocket packs Rocket Packs

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Saw this on UKFR, absolutely disgusting tbh, you could get a whole case for that! :mad: This sort of thing is much worse than any supermarket pyro overpricing!

Reactions: triple burst

triple burst

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 28, 2014
the average family will not know that these prices are awful as thay just want fireworks for the kids and wont shop around which is going to be a shame for them if they only knew proper prices

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
£21.99 for a Jewel of the Nile, £14.99 for a Funky Frog :eek:....the sad part is, some people who don't know any better will pay that kind of money :(

triple burst

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 28, 2014
Pity i did not live near this shop,would go in and ask how he can justify these prices when a shop in the south of the country with higher overheads can sell these rockets for £15 or less i mean shop rent by that and buisness rates which are higher in the south than crew up north

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Tbh even if the shop was in the centre of London it would be a pisstake, some of those are over twice Bright Stars RRP, which are set high anyway!

Reactions: triple burst

Firey Dave

Baronet
Oct 25, 2014
Are come on guys leave em alone, they say their aim is to provide the lowest price possible, and who wouldn't wanna pay 3 times the asking price from another well known retailer for 'the slammer' I was shocked at the site!

Oct 13, 2012
Saw this on UKFR, absolutely disgusting tbh, you could get a whole case for that! :mad: This sort of thing is much worse than any supermarket pyro overpricing!
Reminds me the buy-from-an-independent-shop brigade isn't always right, and supermarkets often provide very good deals compared to independents. Not saying there aren't good independent shops, ie all the sponsors here and on ukfr, but in my experience my local ones were incredibly overpriced.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
My local seasonal has lots of Bogof offers and half price on many many items too. It's a good place for Bright Star Esco and Men Shun fireworks. ;)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Same with a local here. £30 for 1 pack of thunder rockets. Or the heavily overpriced Bronze selection box that is £50 on Tesco's website. £35 at local shop.

Pass

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Found this and maybe a call to TS could be in order.

This local chain has been in trouble before with TS for claiming they were reducing their fireworks when they were never sold at the price they were reduced from (something along those lines anyway). TS fined them.

Now they are trying to mislead and scam people with a false non offer.

Let's say esco celebration selection box. £29.99 bogof on their leaflet. That's their normal price. In the local paper they have a "special" offer shown as vouchers people can cut out and present to them in store..... Celebration box, not bogof, with 1 pack of star charger rockets for £39.99.

So effectively, people who use the newspaper vouchers are getting a worse deal than if they just went there and took the normal bogof deal.

Attachments