Pie's Observations

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Pieman

Peasant the 1st
Oct 22, 2015
evening all

So looking back on last Saturday, our home dusplay went very well. We stopped for 20 mins while there was a big local display which we observed from afar.....

A few observations....

• We had about 4 fountains from the Bonfire selection box that just threw a flame up, almost like a blow torch - a little disappointing......
  • The wheels were all spinning, one from the box, two Tri-colour wheels
  • The TNT plasmic lights were excellent (Lidl)
  • The Niagra / Victoria Falls fountains were still smouldering 20 mins later....one to remember.
  • Like others said the Photon Burst double fired (with a port fire) worked well
  • Bright star Mighty Atom packed a punch, I fired 2nd to last with a Battlestar to finish
  • Our 3rd to last was an Electro Surge fountain, buried about 3 inches in sand with two bricks either side.....the fountain was good then right at the end "blew" on inspection the fountain was 4 foot away from its sand bucket.....need to check others video to see if it was a rogue
  • Unfortunately I managed to pull a fuse out (very sticky tape) - I guess that's a bucket of water job to warrant the firework useless.

Overall, we all had fun, the kids enjoyed it and it was all safe. Thanks to forum members for their comments and advice which five me some tips around pegging and taping!

Reactions: gaz and zephieish

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Nice write up Pieman, glad you enjoyed your fireworks! :)

The flame/flare fountains, dare i say it.. I actually quite like them, something different, although terribly short and not very big :(

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Nice one @Pieman :) good to hear that you enjoyed your pyro

As for the Electro Surge fountain, it was likely a small crack in the compound that caused it to blow, meant that the last inch or so of powder went up at the same time

Reactions: Pieman