Petition being debated (again)

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
See the page is moderating weird I put a pro post up and its deleted yet anti posts stay selective moderation to make the arguement stronger perhaps

I'v given my 2 cents many a time but it pretty much consists of people pee other people off 24/7. That noisy dog all day? The idiots that think leaving an engine running at 5am while they pop in to get last bits sorted before work? (I experience a lot of that, often with them blasting out the radio as well).

Wild animals? A rambler walking in the woods would make a wild animal crap its pants and run away frightened because that's what wild animals do, they are frightened of everything and go into fight or flight mode. Let's ban ramblers and any other sounds like car engines (Of which I have seen many squashed wild animals in the road. Rabbits, Pheasants, squirrels)

Domesticated pets? Dogs for example can be fine around fireworks. That dog which get frightened about fireworks? Well that same dog can often pee off all neighbours around them with constant barking all year round.

Cat's? They sh*t on peoples lawns all year round. I'v gone outside to walk in cat mess by a cat owned by people that let their cats out in the day. It's vile. It happens repeatedly all year round, especially in my back garden. Should I put fairy liquid on the fence so they slide off any time they try and come near my garden?

Let's face it..... and here's a very much realistic breakdown of things with the petition:

65%: Just hate fireworks, they will latch on to anything against fireworks weather true, false or weather they even care about it. They don't like it, so get it banned.

25%: People that hate fireworks but also own a pet. Said pet, especially dogs and cats cause a nuisance all year round for people. Their own behaviour doesn't help the pet and in fact "oh no, there's a scary bang" just re-enforces the behaviour.

5%: Old people who just don't like fireworks. Well, let's be fair, they probably never liked fireworks anyway and with limited knowledge of modern times think it's kids with "bangers" causing a nuisance in the street.

3%: those with more agricultural animals. Again, it's well presented and advertised there is a lot they can do to calm the animals (Plus they don't Shnookerdookies! and moan about farmers shotguns or bird scarer's all year round)

2%:

Well, sadly its 2% who have been harmed with fireworks.

Sadly, and I mean this genuinely.... More often than not it has been the fault of the person lightning the fireworks.

I remember last year a woman was all over the news claiming fireworks are dangerous as during her back garden display, her child was hurt as the firework "misfired".

What actually happened, clear as day from the footage is the rather tame 5 shot candle was angled toward the audience or not secured in the ground (I can't remember which and haven't got time to find the video) and that sadly fired towards her child. Rather than put her hands up, it has to be someone or something else's fault doesn't it?

Same old. I remember posting on another forum having witnessed first hand the disaster in Salisbury in 2014 where people got hit in the face by fireworks.

It was so damn blatant that safety distances, even with a misfire was ignored. People got injured. I got slated there because said company is highly reputable and great (apparently). Members had a go at me for disrespecting a decent fireworks company.

Well, the uproar by people there was extreme. "Ban fireworks" and so on. It really gave members of the public something to blame fireworks for.

The inquest was that "SmartPyro" didn't allocate enough of a fallout zone and to quote the expert who investigated "Even if product failure had not occurred there was a significant risk to people in this area".

I still don't believe there was a "failure" as it was multiple injuries from several different shot tubes (so they can't all be faulty?). Hopefully that company never get to launch fireworks again as that incident certainly fuelled a lot more people to be against fireworks.

On that note as well, I think it's f**king disgraceful that pyro companies and even planned events with non pro companies always blame it on "malfunctioning" or "misfiring" pyro when they know full well it was them who ignored safety distances.

It's vile and yeah, does anger me.... "let's ignore safety distances/instructions, sod it" until something goes wrong then its like a kid in a playground.... "wasn't me", lets just blame someone or moreso, something else.

Denying responsibility might get them off the hook indefinitely (if nobody was injured) or until an inquest (which could be filled with more holes than a swiss cheese), but in that time members of the public conjure up an opinion of how dangerous fireworks are.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
I'v given my 2 cents many a time but it pretty much consists of people pee other people off 24/7. That noisy dog all day? The idiots that think leaving an engine running at 5am while they pop in to get last bits sorted before work? (I experience a lot of that, often with them blasting out the radio as well).

Wild animals? A rambler walking in the woods would make a wild animal crap its pants and run away frightened because that's what wild animals do, they are frightened of everything and go into fight or flight mode. Let's ban ramblers and any other sounds like car engines (Of which I have seen many squashed wild animals in the road. Rabbits, Pheasants, squirrels)

Domesticated pets? Dogs for example can be fine around fireworks. That dog which get frightened about fireworks? Well that same dog can often pee off all neighbours around them with constant barking all year round.

Cat's? They sh*t on peoples lawns all year round. I'v gone outside to walk in cat mess by a cat owned by people that let their cats out in the day. It's vile. It happens repeatedly all year round, especially in my back garden. Should I put fairy liquid on the fence so they slide off any time they try and come near my garden?

Let's face it..... and here's a very much realistic breakdown of things with the petition:

65%: Just hate fireworks, they will latch on to anything against fireworks weather true, false or weather they even care about it. They don't like it, so get it banned.

25%: People that hate fireworks but also own a pet. Said pet, especially dogs and cats cause a nuisance all year round for people. Their own behaviour doesn't help the pet and in fact "oh no, there's a scary bang" just re-enforces the behaviour.

5%: Old people who just don't like fireworks. Well, let's be fair, they probably never liked fireworks anyway and with limited knowledge of modern times think it's kids with "bangers" causing a nuisance in the street.

3%: those with more agricultural animals. Again, it's well presented and advertised there is a lot they can do to calm the animals (Plus they don't Shnookerdookies! and moan about farmers shotguns or bird scarer's all year round)

2%:

Well, sadly its 2% who have been harmed with fireworks.

Sadly, and I mean this genuinely.... More often than not it has been the fault of the person lightning the fireworks.

I remember last year a woman was all over the news claiming fireworks are dangerous as during her back garden display, her child was hurt as the firework "misfired".

What actually happened, clear as day from the footage is the rather tame 5 shot candle was angled toward the audience or not secured in the ground (I can't remember which and haven't got time to find the video) and that sadly fired towards her child. Rather than put her hands up, it has to be someone or something else's fault doesn't it?

Same old. I remember posting on another forum having witnessed first hand the disaster in Salisbury in 2014 where people got hit in the face by fireworks.

It was so damn blatant that safety distances, even with a misfire was ignored. People got injured. I got slated there because said company is highly reputable and great (apparently). Members had a go at me for disrespecting a decent fireworks company.

Well, the uproar by people there was extreme. "Ban fireworks" and so on. It really gave members of the public something to blame fireworks for.

The inquest was that "SmartPyro" didn't allocate enough of a fallout zone and to quote the expert who investigated "Even if product failure had not occurred there was a significant risk to people in this area".

I still don't believe there was a "failure" as it was multiple injuries from several different shot tubes (so they can't all be faulty?). Hopefully that company never get to launch fireworks again as that incident certainly fuelled a lot more people to be against fireworks.
The 5 shot roman candle wasnt properly secured before ignition and so cantilevered towards the persons child causing a serious injury.

What a lot of people seem to forget with roman candles, multi-shot cakes and barrages, and anything that is taller-than-it-is-wider like fountain start mines, is that these fireworks DO need firmly securing before you light them so there is no risk of them rocking and tipping over and / or flipping back-and-forth while functioning.

This can be easily achieved by attaching the firework to the rear of the stake with gaffa tape or by burying deep and firming up the firework so well that it cannot tip-over at all.

If the woman with her child had followed either of those two steps a mishap would probably not have happened at all, but the thing is most parents rush preparations on the night in order not to disappoint their kids which is a foolish thing to do where fireworks are concerned because sheer forgetfulness or pure ignorance of instructions causes the problems she faced.

Last edited:

Krony

Peasant the 1st
I watched quite a bit in dribs and drabs and thought we were quite lucky really, most of the MP's that were present were against fireworks being sold to the public and the junior minister at the end looked well out of her depth really with no real knowledge of fireworks at all, it didn't help with most of the MP's kept badgering her at the end but still a good result in the end, i do feel the current laws are fine but the antisocial part of it does need addressing.

I have checked and at this time the government is not going to take any further action .... well done them ... however, now they say that we are going to have a safety review of the current laws and take it from there. I have just done some research and last year, there were 27 recorded deaths and 6743 individuals who received hospital treatment for dog bites and 8 deaths and 2186 hospital admissions ranging from your usual burns (because some prat didn't watch the kiddies with the sparklers) to the twizzark whos own stupidity got him killed..... I understand that it may impact on PTSD etc and some animals dont like it but with respect, fireworks have been part of the UK tradition for hundreds of years. I am an animal lover myself but this is really getting a little silly - Hi everyone xx