SDC10010.JPG

SDC10011.JPG

SDC10009.JPG

CE F2
8m spectator safety distance
BS-EN15947:2010 compliant
RRP £59.99
Total box NEC 730g

This large family selection box of fireworks from Bright Star Fireworks (UK) Limited is one step ahead of the lower spec Bright Star Carnival and has some bigger pieces which will make it perfect for any firework celebration or 'Party' as the box's title would have you believe.

Despite Bright Star's yearly scratched record saying it has the 56-Shot Flashing Thunder, it does NOT have it all. Instead you get the prettier 56-Shot Star Finder BUT there is an iconic twist : the effect label box includes the word 'whistle' in the effects and that makes me think if there has been a surprise addition to it, or they (Bright Star Fireworks UK Limited) have decided to make it a little noisier, maybe, to make up for not having the 56-Shot Flashing Thunder in the box. Indeed it was a good performer and YES it did produce a few whistles which was quite a surprise!!!!

There's a good selection of items i.e. single shot tubes, 19 shot shot tube batteries, fountains, 2 wheels, a mine, multishot roman candles (2 x 8 shot 1 x 10 shot) and the 56-Shot Star Finder plus the usual Firework Code sheet and 2 pointless useless safety lighter sticks.

The 56 Shot Finder is a bit too big for 8 metres in reality (would better suit a 15 metre distance) and the three shot tubes imho should be 15 metres as they are a bit powerful, but the rest of the selection is fine for 8 metres, that aside.

The mine is pulled from the Razzle Dazzle pack and produces a pretty silver fountain and beautiful golden glitter stars.

The fountain are your typical "what you would expect" fountains you would find in any selection box, not outstanding but not bad either, and it does make up for it with 3 multieffect fountain batteries which last slightly longer than the single effect ones. The Mini Cuckoo and larger Cuckoo shrieked with colourful stars and were quite fun. The Cyclone Wheel was high speed and short lived with a whirling dervish of red to green with sparks that was over in seconds, the Tri Colour Wheel was better with red and sparks, green and sparks ending with a beautiful titanium flowering effect.

The 8 and 10 shot roman candles were their usual pretty selves as normal while the 19-shot shot tube batteries added some variety for a change.

Victoria Falls and Niagara Falls were pretty indeed but have packed more into less and go a bit quicker than the old three tube 25 metre BS7114 versions.

The two Palm Tree shot tubes are slightly pokey with a green bombette, and moderate noisy burst to green palm effect while the Star Burst shot tube takes a more prettier approach, green ball to green flying fish effect.

Not 10/10 quality but if I was to rate it, it's certainly a good choice. 8.5/10 would be my rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
Galactic charge bit too much for their Bright Star range. You can pick all up in the Range for cheaper.
And The Range don't sell all year round either......so Galactic and year round retailers are the only choice when The Range don't have them in (which is usually bonfire night nye Diwali and Chinese New Year ONLY)...

It’s a box I’ve wanted to try for a while, but never got round to it, it always looks a good option though :) I agree with Jezz though, Nigel is usually very good with prices but he has overpriced his bright star range a bit, the range is definitely the better value option, and I do believe that a selection of their stores are all year sellers these days

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
It’s a box I’ve wanted to try for a while, but never got round to it, it always looks a good option though :) I agree with Jezz though, Nigel is usually very good with prices but he has overpriced his bright star range a bit, the range is definitely the better value option, and I do believe that a selection of their stores are all year sellers these days
We also have a Bright Star Party Selection box section on the go, prob good idea to merge the threads as information will be lost.