Outdoor Battery Lights

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey,

Has anyone used these in the past?

We found some last year in Home and Bargains, there not extemly cheap but I think they were £8 for 100, but the good thing about them is they come with an inbuilt timer and run on 4x AA batteries.

Basically you press and choose what function you want once (on the day you put them out) and then they will switch on at that same time every day for 6 hours. So say you switched them on 1st December at 4.30PM they will be on 4.30pm-10.30pm every day.

I found these great last year as it means you can hang them on say a tree at the front of the garden and theres no need for trailing wires (and using more and more extensions lol) and they look great.

Also, just to add, I ran these with panasonic batteries last year and think we only changed them twice, maybe three times during the whole season so they were great, loads brighter than I expected too.

Heres some similar ones in M&S (note these are at least double the price!)
100 Warm White Battery LED Christmas Lights with Timer Switch | M&S

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I think they are on the three for 2 offer. Nice find. We did get the merry Christmas indoor battery lights from morrisons last year. I may look into the above lights.

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we've never used battery lights outside, only wired ones. not planning to in the near future either as we brought a bunch of new outdoor lights in the ny sales :p

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
we've never used battery lights outside, only wired ones. not planning to in the near future either as we brought a bunch of new outdoor lights in the ny sales :p
Us too, but planning what were going to have outside so far, were quickly running out of plug sockets lol.
We bought one of these in the sales too, DRi-BOX – the best weatherproof box available on the web! only cost £2! So we will have that to plug some of the lights in but at least with these battery ones we can have them in places the plug wouldnt reach. :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
those boxes are good, we have a similar one to that we got in homebase sales a few years ago. Was £15 but came with the extension lead as well

Reactions: Dan12