Organised Events Are Killjoys Banning Personal Sparklers!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
One thing that bugs me about 100% of organised events is the banning of personal sparklers, and when you speak to organisers they all blame local councils, HSE or local fire/rescue services or public liability insurers for the reasoning behind this killjoy move!!! Now there IS a way to keep things safe at bonfire/firework events if you want to allow the use of sparklers;have a specific roped off area for the use of these, along with litter bins for sparkler packets and dustbins full of water for spent wires to be disposed of safely in them. Also have a steward or three in a hiviz jacket keeping an eye on things and supervising them there as well. Simples! Everything safe and sound.;)

Last edited:

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Tbh Anthony I do agree with you there. There has been a lot of changes to organised displays and those changes are killing them off slowly. There are plenty of ideas with how to keep the fun there just no one ever takes it up.

Even with bonfires. The reason why most of these are not allowed is because they get built too big. And so it will effect residents. How to solve it? Not to make it too big.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
our local oake manor golf club display has a huge bonfire, but that is probably because its in the somerset countryside with maybe only 2 homes in 1/2 mile of it :)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Even with bonfires. The reason why most of these are not allowed is because they get built too big. And so it will effect residents. How to solve it? Not to make it too big.

I agree Gaz, Burnley Borough Council has done away with being draconian on bonfires by setting up a bonfire register online, and if you are having a bonfire on spare land, you go online to Burnley Borough Council and give all the details of it by filling in an online form and in return you get a H&S professional give you advice and assistance on the height of it, any safety precautions to take and general safety guidelines. This is far better than an outright ban on them and by registering the council knows what's going on and allows it. That is eminantly more sensible. They do it every year and it reduces the number of nuisance bonfires done by kids and young people in the borough. ;)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
My nearest firework display actually does have a roped off area for sparklers. Only seen them do it once last year but could happen again.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
My nearest firework display actually does have a roped off area for sparklers. Only seen them do it once last year but could happen again.
It's a good idea;why don't ALL events have these arrangements instead of an outright total ban insisted on by dogooders? The HSE local councils firework display insurers and fire/rescue services who plead with firework display organisers to ban sparklers without the extra measures I mention to make them safe are fuddyduddy spoilsports and ought to be ashamed of themselves! Don't these sargeant major little hitlers realise they were children once and had fun every bonfire night without being a killjoy to others? That's what these people are, SPOILSPORTS.

Oct 13, 2014
glasgow
last organized display i was at allowed personal sparkolers. "dude can you point that away form me... excuse me can you stop burnign me with that it hurts.... burn me with that one more time and i will..." well that's not appropriate language for this forum. i can see why they got banned some people are infuriatingly ignorant!
we should just ban idiots

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
haha, yeah we should just ban idiots steeli, that would solve all our problems ;):p
and don't worry about swearing, they have censors on them so you can say whatever the Fudge nuggets! you like