Older 'British Standards' Stash Showcase.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Duskyfuse

Noble the 3rd
Dec 25, 2018
Birmingham
So having had a quick look through the forum I have seen the odd photo of older firework collections but have not came across a dedicated thread. After watching online videos from Dcossi 1 and Giuseppe Ciabatti I decided to pick up the beginnings of my own pre-CE collection and would be intrigued to see what others have stashed away.

V02.jpgV04.jpgV08.jpgV09.jpgV13.jpg

I plan to unbox all of the selection boxes on my YouTube channel, the first of which can be found below!

Last edited:

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
So having had a quick look through the forum I have seen the odd photo of older firework collections but have not came across a dedicated thread. After watching online videos from Dcossi 1 and Giuseppe Ciabatti I decided to pick up the beginnings of my own pre-CE collection and would be intrigued to see what others have stashed away.

View attachment 7034View attachment 7036View attachment 7038View attachment 7039View attachment 7041

I plan to unbox all of the selection boxes on my YouTube channel, the first of which can be found below!

I don't know how you can resist not firing it all, after New Year I literally have nothing left in the box and I have to start shopping all over again lol

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
I don't know how you can resist not firing it all, after New Year I literally have

View attachment 7034View attachment 7036View attachment 7038View attachment 7039View attachment 7041

Good stuff Dusky, I'm gonna add a few more this weekend on my channel

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I posted a few older BS pieces in a thread last year but i can’t remember where lol I don’t have much in the way of older stuff tbh, but i do have a few bits which might interest a few like a Cosmic NG Earth Shaker box @Joe ciabatti :p

I also have a small selection from Cube and the old Cosmic group but nothing compared to other people’s collection.

Reactions: Duskyfuse

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
I posted a few older BS pieces in a thread last year but i can’t remember where lol I don’t have much in the way of older stuff tbh, but i do have a few bits which might interest a few like a Cosmic NG Earth Shaker box @Joe ciabatti :p

I also have a small selection from Cube and the old Cosmic group but nothing compared to other people’s collection.
You keep teasing me:unsure::cry:

Pyrobrummie

ST Typo of the Year 2019 Winner!
Baronet the 3rd
Sep 6, 2018
Birmingham
I just remembered I also have some old spec tnt ring leader rockets that are unopened and have a very decent ring burst effect. I think I'll hold on to them for a few years ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
You could always fire half of each box and then keep the rest...:unsure:
Haha, I think I may keep them for now, i've got other boxes to use for this year, maybe next year might be the time though :)
Very nice mate, that Cube box looks like it's rammed full of pyro :D
It's very full, really is a shame they aren't around any more. I'd love to get my hands on one of the other ones now too!

Duskyfuse

Noble the 3rd
Dec 25, 2018
Birmingham
Haha, I think I may keep them for now, i've got other boxes to use for this year, maybe next year might be the time though :)

It's very full, really is a shame they aren't around any more. I'd love to get my hands on one of the other ones now too!
Myself and Judge Mental lit a Cube Army Box last year and it was truly superb with loads of variety, different sound effects and very vivid colours. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Duskyfuse

Noble the 3rd
Dec 25, 2018
Birmingham
They are lovely old examples there @Pablos Pyro. I appreciate the blue touchpaper items but also have a soft spot for 'retro' items as well as vintage. I bet the contents of those boxes smell great!

Reactions: Vladster

Cheshire Pyro

Peasant the 2nd
Sep 26, 2015
Northwich
Good video Somerset. That's the problem with buying old stuff ... Most of the time it's expensive! I paid a tidy fortune for most of the items in my stash but then I guess they're collectable now so to be expected. Trouble is I buy the majority of mine to fire so sooner or later it goes up in smoke! Saying that I did get one or two things at a reasonable price by buying multiples ... Including a lynx box for a fiver a couple of years ago which needless to say I fired. Think the most expensive thing I bought was a pack of proton bombs last year - set me back £80 plus one single mega air bomb.

20191003_175823.jpg