Neighbour's Fireworks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
So who has neighbours who also like to go big with their fireworks? Or are they the selection-pack-from-tesco types?
There's someone over the back from our firing garden that has had some big stuff for a few years now, i thought our fireworks were good last year until I saw a Boneshaker go up :rolleyes: along with some big rockets (Kings probably) and a host of other big pyro.
But this year i reckon we can compete with them on the noise front lol ;)

Alexs21

Wizard the 4th
Oct 25, 2014
Two house over the back of my house have fireworks but don't know if the ones on the left will have some this year as when I looked out of my window their garden was flashing because of a barrage which had fallen over and so they let off anouther and that fell too.:(
As for the house on the right they used to have loads of fireworks and they was going off all night but around 2 years ago they just stopped o_O I hope they do some this year for some competition:cool: oh and their is always my neighbours with the selection box from asda.

Reactions: gaz

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
At my old house before we moved last month my next door neighbour plus 1 used to have a competition with me for biggest and loudest etc. Of course I always won lol!

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Their's only about 3 of us in my street who set off pyro. The family over the road always has some nice smaller cakes on the go and is definitely worth a watch and the guy 2 doors along from us usually wait until we're finished before firing his supermarket stash, he reckons he spends £100 but i don't see where....i offered to get him a Guido's Party pack added on to my Epic order last year but he said he'd rather wait and see what the supermarkets are selling first.

Each to their own i suppose lol

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I had a little safe rocket war with my neighbour 2 doors down from me. I'm sure he got a selection box but not sure where from. his little rockets to my echo bombs.. was funny to watch. we usually have pyro on odd days out of season on my street and it gets mental with fireworks come October, a few on my main road and about 4 of us scattered on street who set loads off.

Reactions: Alexs21

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Sounds like you all have nice neighbours. I get torches shined into my eyes while walking away from lit fireworks. (not safe walking back blind) and then some people just start yelling. me loving fireworks treat these people to a free show of 1.3g rockets for extra noise now :) Worst thing though they act like i am the only person on the street who puts on a show but i do have the largest.

Alexs21

Wizard the 4th
Oct 25, 2014
Sounds like you all have nice neighbours. I get torches shined into my eyes while walking away from lit fireworks. (not safe walking back blind) and then some people just start yelling. me loving fireworks treat these people to a free show of 1.3g rockets for extra noise now :) Worst thing though they act like i am the only person on the street who puts on a show but i do have the largest.
Where do you do your fireworks?

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
My back garden. shine thier tourches from thier bedroom windows.(to be fair just 1 person mostly but he complains about anything what not his way)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
70's i would say. He just a grumpy old man with nothing better to do. I wouldn't mind so much if he done the same to the other neighbours but as they are a violent sort i suppose he doesn't have the guts to be irritating to them as well.

Alexs21

Wizard the 4th
Oct 25, 2014
I don't really see the point because you'll light the fireworks anyway.:confused:

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Yeah I will, I also get a collection of rocket sticks given to me by someone as well (thrown over the back fence as i back onto a lane)... not sure who though. the funny thing is i know they are not from my rockets as they are always small ones. My smallest rockets are war hawks/ air hawks.

Alexs21

Wizard the 4th
Oct 25, 2014
Why would you go out of your way just to do that? Don't like it when people are like that:mad:

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Special people I suppose, Only time I expected an issue was when I had Bright star Armageddon which made a huge mess for a fair distance. cardboard and saw dust everywhere. road as the front of the house paved in firework remains. But no one said anything and didnt care about that. people make no sense haha

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Your always going to get someone flapping their gums just for the sake of it....what gets me is the ones that do moan probably hide behind the curtain and watch the show lol

All you can do is inform the neighbors that your letting off fireworks and clean up any mess afterwards....if anyone has an issue then tough.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I agree with Vlad here, As long as you are in what the UK Fireworks laws states, then they have nothing to back up their grumpiness. but a friendly word to them will go a long way and if they do have a problem after that. Point them to this Firework Laws & Regulations in the United Kingdom and many other online resources showing you are perfectly legal and able top set fireworks off.

Reactions: Vladster

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
I just have bad neighbours. Many issues i get with them. It like neighbours from hell on the TV. They are just rude and arrogant people.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
It's a shame tbh. On what a world we live in with such hatered towards one.

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
I know shame really. But in the words of Queen the show must go on. I only ask one day if the year to make lots of noise and enjoy myself buy sending explosives in the air :)