My Wish List 2014

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
So this is my wish list so far;
Sonic Fireworks
Brothers Starring
Brothers Exploding cherries
Planet fireworks Knock Out
2x Brother 5 Alive rockets
2x portfires

Thinking of getting the royal party guy fawkes box, but not sure what its like, anyone know?
Also we have approx £75 more to allocate, if anyone has any suggestions we are looking for a selection box or two, some smaller rockets and maybe another couple of small cakes.
Cheers

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
I had the plotters box by royal party ,there is a vid of it in the review section , and I thought it was pretty average . perhaps wait and see what the supermarkets and discount stores are offering from oct 15 . perhaps B&Q will have a nice weco selection box or asda usually do a tnt carry pack which has a mix of rockets, cakes and a selection box.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
thanks cossi, shame about the box :(, it was reasonably priced and appeared to have some good items in it, was always going to have a look at b&q, and will also check out te carry packs if asda sell them

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Have just checked the galactic website, and they have lowered their delivery costs for smaller orders over £80 to £14.99, which means this could also be a possibility for us. Anyone know what the skycrafter monster rocket box is like? also thinking of getting the golden lion panther box, a couple cakes, and maybe one of the smaller boxes as well, as a padder. anyone any suggestions?

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
For the same price, I'd say the Trail Blazers look better but you only get 8 Rockets compared to 32 in the Monster Box. I'd also go for a Arctic Barrage Pack and a Festival Selection Box instead of the Panther Box as it's only a fiver more and the cakes in that Arctic pack look very good for their size.

Whatever you buy mate, I'm sure you will enjoy them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
also, just remembered that galactic sell the tnt Champagne fountain, so will have a look at getting that too. Going to add the mini powder kegs to the list, they looked great for £2.50 each

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
The new list so far is as follows;
Galactic Fireworks
Golden Lion Panther Box
Cosmic Astra Amazing box (as a filler)
TNT mini powder kegs
Sky Crafter 1.4g monster rocket box
Brothers portfires
(TNT Pink champagne)

Total so far (inc. Delivery, excl. pink champagne); £106.94

Other stuff

£15 at sainsburys (only if they do the free fireworks offer)
£40 approx B&Q and Chaplins

If anyone has any other suggestions for some medium sized, reletively low noise fireworks that can be brought at galactic, feel free to post them.
Cheers :)

Last edited:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry what? low noise fireworks... non comprende!
We live in an area of town that has a lot of elder residents and there is a couple of younger children over the back, so taking this into account, we don't have much choice (we don't want to be done for giving someones grandparents heart attacks with some enormous scud missile)
And our alternative venue is on the main A38 through town, and next to the Territorial Army.
They can be reasonably loud, just not too loud.

Last edited:

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
The powder kegs are really good for the price, I used to always get them when Asda used to stock them for a few years quite a while ago now tho!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
interesting, £2 cheaper back then, up to £4.99 at galactic

Does anyone know what the TNT purple people eater cake is like?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Just completed the galactic order, got the stuff on the above list, excluding the pink champagne,
still have around £50 of the budget left, so will have a look in the supermarkets, b&q and chaplins for the rest of the stash.
The twitter glitter in the panther box should keep the locals alert. :D haha

here is the vid of the box, the twitter glitter is at 9mins 40secs. Turn the volume on your pc right up to get the full effect.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
THEY ARE HERE! :D
Well pleased, the panther box is very heavy for a box of its size, the rockets look great for 1.4g
Will post pictures on stash pics

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Had a proper look now, the devil mines in the panther are huge, biggest i've come across in a selection box, also some of the fountains look superb.
Now things turn to the seasonals, was thinking of having a look for the brothers diamond mine from chaplins if they sell it. Anyone any other suggestions for cakes/mines/small boxes?

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Ive got my eye on Cube mines now, can be had for as little as £5 each!

Also Epic do a brilliantly priced mine: Electric Mine by Marvel Fireworks

If you are limited to Brothers & Bright Star round by you, I would look out for:

Glitter Bomb by Sky Crafter (Brothers)
Krakatoa fountain by Brothers.
Extreme Machines rocket pack by Brothers.

Aerial selection box by Bright Star
Mighty Atom cakes Bright Star
Jewel of the nile cake Bright Star

Neither Brothers or Bright Star have decent mines tbh, the diamond mine is good, but there are better ones out there.