My Rocket Rack

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
Oct 16, 2012
Kent
I was sorting out the loft the other day when I found what looks like the end of a bed.
It gave me an idea for a rocket rack :D

I also found a 3.6 metre length of 22mm overflow pipe from the old water tank that used to be in the loft.

I cut the pipe into 70cm lengths and rested them against the frame.

I just need a quick trip to Wickes at the weekend to get some pipe clips to attach the pipes to the frame, and a couple of hinges and two lengths of wood to act as supports and it should be done :)

I will post an update when its complete.

What do you think?

M17CH

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 15, 2012
Is a good idea if its something your going to keep then id get the pipe clips etc but if its gonna end up on the bonfire by the end of the night just drill a hole either side of each pipe top and bottom and secure with cable ties that's what ive done more than strong enough ;)

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
Oct 16, 2012
Kent
M17CH said:
Is a good idea if its something your going to keep then id get the pipe clips etc but if its gonna end up on the bonfire by the end of the night just drill a hole either side of each pipe top and bottom and secure with cable ties that's what ive done more than strong enough ;)
Yeah it's something that I'm planning on keeping, depending on how well it works :)

Have you got a pic of yours Mitch?

M17CH

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 15, 2012
Yeah mate search rocket rack or check my posts mate :) just 2 pallets put together
[hr]
http://s799.photobucket.com/user/zrturbo/media/IMG_6303.jpg.html

:)

Guy Forks

Peasant the 1st
Oct 21, 2012
Good idea recycling an old bed part! If you attached some stakes of some sort to the feet you could drive it into the ground and it would support itself.

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
Oct 16, 2012
Kent
I managed to finish my Rocket Rack over the weekend. Got some pipe clips from Wickes for 59p and added a couple of hinges from the main rack to the supporting legs. The supporting legs are longer than the main rack, which means I can stake them into the ground for extra support if needed. As the legs are on hinges, the supporting legs can fold flat and also means I can angle the rockets as desired :)

Here is the completed project:

Reactions: Jim Reeves