My Pyro Channel

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
No links, but just more of an FAQ.

The channel I have started is aimed at filming huge amounts of pyro I personally have. Recent stock count over 4 different locations shows I have about 800 unique fireworks... at very least.

No denying here, but adsense revenue can potentially pay for SOME of this (99% of people use adblock so at most I would expect a 1% return on my spend). Yet my hobby is a mixture of things, getting the rarer classics and putting them into museum style glass framing as well as having frequent displays of my own.

Anyone have any tips regarding building this channel? The main thing pyro lovers may like is the fact i'm not going to just walk to a firework shop, buy and launch stuff that is shown all across the internet. I'm on about rare items, stuff that hasn't been seen in years and is fully deleted from the internet.

By the end of the year I expect to have at least 1000 videos uploaded (yet with 1 subscriber...Somersetpyro.. Thanks mate) there is no chance of this happening.

Even got bits like the "Cube - World" box here... As we know cube are gone and this box is rare as hell, but I would showcase the entire box on my channel... It's all about building a subscriber base (opposed to sitting there, filming it all, not enjoying it much as I am watching through a camera lens for the sake of 1 or 2 subscribers)

Thanks

Edit:

The main thing I want is for people to enjoy the vids. Just people to say "oh yeah, I remember that box when I was 10 years old" or "That looks good, i'm going to buy it".

I have even upgraded my house over the last year as the new place has a bigger garden so I can film the pyro a lot better, due to garden sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
yet with 1 subscriber...Somersetpyro.. Thanks mate
No problem Dude86 :D
I'm sure as your channel becomes more well-known more people will subscribe, it may just take some time

as to building the channel, its a good idea to make some playlists, eg. Selection Boxes, Rockets, Cakes etc as then it's easier to find specific vids :)
even if you don't get many subscribers, keep lighting and filming, you could set the camera on a tripod and press play, then light a few items in one vid. That way you can enjoy them as well :)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks, perhaps.... I guess its just about putting in that hard work to begin with.

I will consider that, I will now, previously it was about a smaller garden so I had to follow the pyro. Rented that house out now and paid for a place with a bigger garden, so can actually do full tripod displays. Got a hell of a lot here... Inc of course early air bomb rockets (standard thunder bomb's which I had from wyevale in 1996) and at least a video is better than setting them off, throwing away the spent packaging and letting nobody else enjoy them.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the link, gonna pay for youtube and facebook featured promo's as well to try and get this moving quick

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
I agree, people remember a classic pack but nothing visual and so it remains away from the net.

A lot of stuff was archived when the internet started but older fireworks were not 1 of those things and its sad to see things like Golden Lion coming up with very little on google with no visual footage

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
it is sad really, just shows though that this country needs a renewed attitude towards fireworks, then maybe more of the old items would turn up

Reactions: FireworksDude86

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Yeah exactly. The problem seems to be that people CBA until bonfire night/nye (even then these days very few can be arsed with it). The rest of the year people just don't bother with anything pyro.

Until I had the classic, well known rockets such as the banshee air bomb I would have bitten someone's hand off to see the whole rocket being launched for reminiscing purposes. I recorded and uploaded a very accurate vid of that firework (Proudly the best online...as there are no other vids of that firework). Yet nobody can be bothered because fireworks are "bad", "dangerous" and "should be banned". While that opinion isn't true 100% of the time, it does count for a lot of people.

Makes me sick half the time these laws... compared to the states and whatnot... Shells are banned here for being too dangerous, yet in the states and france theres kids around 12 years old launching these those items for a laugh.

As for France... let me get this right... Firecrackers can be purchased and used by a 12 year old (well all fireworks really, "bangers", bottle rockets, jumping jacks and parachute style), yet are lighters not 18+ ? but you still see vids of them lighting and misusing those fireworks... hmm

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
people do unfortunately only associate pyro with bfn, nye, and that is probably another contributing factor to the lack of pyro the rest of the time.
It isn't the pyro itself which is dangerous, when used safely and correctly, and respected as explosives, it is almost totally safe. It's the knob heads that abuse it which are the problem. And i suppose because of things like terrorism, people are bound to be wary when explosives are concerned.

I don't really have an issue with laws banning shells etc. as if these were misused could cause huge injuries/problems. It is almost stupid for 12 year olds to be purchasing fireworks really.
As for french laws, i've no idea what they are, but if what you say is true, it is a bit stupid