My New Fireworks Waterproofing Method

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
I've come up with a new method of securing and waterproofing my fireworks. You can see this in the photos below.

You simply place the pyro inside a plastic storage bin, secure it with tape or cable ties, and secure the storage bin for firing with sandbags or stake and tape.
Remove the lid for firing but leave it on for set up to keep the moisture out.

Edit: obviously you would use duct tape not cellotape. The photos are just examples and I couldn't find my duct tape.

Attachments

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
interesting idea. have you tried it out for real? any plastic melting?

Reactions: gaz

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
I tried it out yesterday with 2 of the 9 shot cakes from and RP Traitors box without any issues.

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
i suggest you make holes for the fuses so that you can light the pyro without having to put your hands inside the box

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
Last year i used some of these boxes as racks for shot tubes as well. I made holes in the sides for cable ties and fuses, and put 2 packs of 8 shot tubes in each one. the shot tubes were from sainsburys and i replaced the visco with Fast Visco from Oliver Brown Hobby Supplies and fired them i groups of 2 and 3, with all fusing done on the outside of the box and waterproofed with foil tape.​

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
Didn't get a chance but will make sure to do it soon. Tommorow I've got to go out at 6:30 and won't be back till about 10:30 so if it gets dark before then I'll do it tommorow

Reactions: gaz