Morrisons fireworks 2018

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Picked up the £50 goliath deal. Finally after a run around. Second trip to the store and this time left waiting 15 minutes because the cabinet wasnt stocked with it.

The nec weight of the fountains is what sold me the most. Pleasantly suprised by the shot tubes in the selection box. The smallest one (physically) has 25g nec. The bundled pack of 5 shot tubes only has 4.82g nec each. So doubt they'd be as good. Lol. 726g of nec in the 28 piece selection box. Don't think there was a single fountain below 20g. The two large cone fountains in the box intrigue me. 75g nec each.
What's the total NEC of the whole Goliath pack mate?

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
I'll have to check the sparklers nec.. im sure that's what bulks it up a little. But its still not bad. Every year ive ended up with asda, aldi, or lidl boxes. So morrisons is a first for me. And NEC content wise, I'm pleased with my purchase. Disregarding the sparklers, its effectively £1 per firework.

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
I'll have to check the sparklers nec.. im sure that's what bulks it up a little. But its still not bad. Every year ive ended up with asda, aldi, or lidl boxes. So morrisons is a first for me. And NEC content wise, I'm pleased with my purchase. Disregarding the sparklers, its effectively £1 per firework.
Yes but that sparklers aren't going to be more then 20g are they? Whats the NEC of the rockets?

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
I'll list all nec for the Goliath pack:

Selection Box: 726g
Icarus 16 Shot Cake: 80g
100 Shot Missile Cake: 70g
15 x Rockets: 238g (7 x Large 18g. 8x Small 14g)
5 Pack Sling Shot Tubes: 24.1g (4.82g each)

Total 1,138.1g NEC.

Guess i over estimated the sparklers. :oops

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
I'll list all nec for the Goliath pack:

Selection Box: 726g
Icarus 16 Shot Cake: 80g
100 Shot Missile Cake: 70g
15 x Rockets: 238g (7 x Large 18g. 8x Small 14g)
5 Pack Sling Shot Tubes: 24.1g (4.82g each)

Total 1,138.1g NEC.

Guess i over estimated the sparklers. :oops
I would seriously consider another year! You'll have to let us know how it performs. Are there any cakes in the selection or is it all fountains?

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
Selection Box Rundown:

There is 2 x 19 shot cakes. I think they're 22.5g each, so I'm expecting comets.
3 x shot tubes, 11.5g, 22.5g and 25g nec.
2 x 8 shot candles.
2 x 5 shot candles.
A 10 shot candle which appears to be 3 small ones fused together which has 21g nec.
2 x 30g Fountain Combination Mines.
2 x catherine wheels.
The rest are fountains all above 20g nec. A few 30g, at least one 50g and 2 x 75g cones.

It looks extremely promising indeed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
Rundown:

There is 2 x 19 shot cakes. I think they're 22.5g each, so I'm expecting comets.
3 x shot tubes, 11.5g, 22.5g and 25g nec.
2 x 8 shot candles.
2 x 5 shot candles.
A 10 shot candle which appears to be 3 small ones fused together which has 21g nec.
2 x 30g Fountain Combination Mines.
2 x catherine wheels.
The rest are fountains all above 20g nec. A few 30g, at least one 50g and 2 x 75g cones.

It looks extremely promising indeed.
Appreciate the details mate! Thanks

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
No worries my dude. I always appreciate being able to find out box content and NEC details on the forum, which helps to make an informed choice, so its only fair to contribute too.

It's thanks to this forum, that I've always been steered towards quality super market fireworks. This year, i saw a few people mention the goliath deal which piqued my interest. So took a gamble.

wickie2358

Peasant the 1st
Was looking around youtube. Rockets don't look bad tbh for a selection pack. Both sizes have a nice bang for their size. Suprisingly the Sling shot tubes have a nice wee bang too seeing as they're a tad under 5g. Videos courtesy of Andymcr96 youtube channel. Who also has an unboxing video of the Goliath pack.