Morrisons Fireworks 2015

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I was a bit bored today so I thought I'd look at some firework brochures. Whilst looking at Night Star's catalogue I noticed that they are including the selection boxes and rockets that Morrisons sold last year as part of their package deals. These weren't in last year's catalogue, which does point towards a possible brand/line change for Morrisons this year.

They've sold the same line for a few years now so they are due a change, but what's everyone's thoughts?

Update: Thanks to @whizzbang for the Morrisons firework leaflet

20151010_185919.jpg 20151010_185929.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
The Night Star Morrisons fireworks are piddly small size little 25 metre display firework things which are absolute garbage at 25 metres away and tame beyond belief, there's no way you'll entertain an audience with these shitty things at 25 metres, and they're so disappointing performance-wise, you'd be better off looking at something rather better for your money.

Deffo one NOT to get imho. ;)

Last edited:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I remember Morrison's selling some cosmic stuff about 8 years ago. I remember them Black Gemini rockets they had. Think they were 2 packs of 4 for £12. Not to bad for £1.50 a rocket.

And the Cosmic/Dynasty stuff was rather good for performance as well too. But after the reg changes came in ALL supermarket fireworks flopped and lost their way (that's the over-reactive UN for you getting their oar into fireworks!), and with the EC Standard becoming the norm 4th July 2017 will drop even further beyond belief. The TNT lines in Aldi are becoming variable with duds and poor performance as from last year, and Asda lines are typical but with few duds BUT the same brand in Lidl is RATHER BETTER!!! Lidl must have picked the TNT firework lines for their Nov 5/NYE range rather carefully to avoid selling crap fireworks, and let's hope, if they go with TNT this year, that they pick good product lines again, or stick with the trusted reliable and good quality fireworks from last year from the TNT range. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fazer

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
If Morrison's do have Night Star again then we might or might not get CE. In the Night Star PDF Catalog its states.
All fireworks offered for sale By Chestnut Trading Ltd are tested to comply with either BS7114 or BS EN 15947 (CE), as appropriate.

What we could possibly see is a mixture of old and new stock. or a full item selection of either one.

I have included the file for you all to see the new 2015 range. But like I said its all down to if Morrison stick with Night star.

http://www.nightstarfireworks.co.uk/themes/nightstar/download.php?file=FireworksCatalogue.pdf - The PDF will download.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
I will just add that it is likely that Morrisons will stock fireworks that are not featured in the catalogue, as most supermarkets tend to order a line that is exclusive to them

Reactions: gaz

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Just looked at the catalogue;not a totally bad range but some things are way overpriced for what they are (I wouldn't pay £199.99 rrp for a selection box of fireworks!) plus I noticed some brand plagiarising, some of those lines look distinctly ex Panda, I wonder if Nightstar/Bulldog/Scorpion has picked up the rights to the Panda product lines to put their their own brands to them when Panda Fireworks left the UK due to excessive rules of the regs that came in 2008? ;)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Lol Gaz :D

So the following is my thoughts on what Morrisons will be stocking based on what we've seen in the 2015 Night Star brochure. If you want to see last years Morrisons stock which i will be mentioning in this post these can be viewed here

So, i think that the Wonderland, Festival of Lights and Ion Flux cakes will be returning this year, as will the Illusion Missile barrage. Their Pumpkin fountain, Solar Frenzy box and the £5 & £10 rocket packs will also feature again.
The Forth Dimension cake will be dropped, as will the Dreamland 2 pack. Also the Tempest, Aftershock and Inferno packs will be replaced by new selections.

Just looked at the catalogue;not a totally bad range but some things are way overpriced for what they are (I wouldn't pay £199.99 rrp for a selection box of fireworks!) plus I noticed some brand plagiarising, some of those lines look distinctly ex Panda, I wonder if Nightstar/Bulldog/Scorpion has picked up the rights to the Panda product lines to put their their own brands to them when Panda Fireworks left the UK due to excessive rules of the regs that came in 2008? ;)
I doubt they are related Anthony, many brands stock similar stock to each other. Look at all the hawk variations.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
fire star Fireworks it is then no surprise there for Morrisons.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
They will hide exclusive line specially just for Morrisons, so there would be no need to show on the site.

Reactions: Vladster

Fazer

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 13, 2012
Under Starry Skies
The selection boxes and rockets that morrisons sold last year are on the website. If what Gaz said is true. I wonder if that could mean that morrisons will have some new items this year?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
No surprises here than, and yes Gaz is most likely spot on, it'll be an exclusive range.
Been very poor from morrisons last few years, hopefully we'll see an improvement this year :)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
I agree, Morrison's has been poor for past few years. I think the supermarket competition though has slacked over recent years as we used to have fireworks in most B&Q stores and Argos as well... well 5 years ago anyway

Reactions: gaz