Information Mine Buying Guide

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
A good mine is always a fantastic addition to any display, small or large, to add that element of surprise to proceedings. They are, as always, a popular type of firework, but sometimes people can be put off by their price. Here is a guide on how to make the most of your money when buying mines :)

1. Sparks or burst?
First you need to decide what type of mine you want. Do you want one that sends up a big shower of sparks, or one that produces 5 or so large bursts. In general, mines that fire just sparks are more suited to smaller garden displays, as they tend to be ok to use at 5-8m. The effect is also generally smaller, but they tend to be cheaper as well. The larger mines with bursts are usually more expensive, but are much more impressive. They will give you much more impact than just a shower of sparks. And, with the introduction of CE classification, you can now get large mines with an 8m safety distance. But these do tend to be louder as well.

2. Fountain or not?
The next question is do you want your mine to start with a fountain effect or not. A fountain at the start adds duration to a display, and it also gives you more duration for your money. These mines are also far more readily available. The mines with no fountain are harder to find, but are much better if you are trying to synchronise your display or do a pyromusical.

3. Mine packs
Mine packs have become more available in the last 10 years. These mines will generally have a spark shower rather than a burst (though not always) but they are usually very good value. These packs are better suited to a smaller garden display.

If you require any more information, please feel free to make a thread in the firework forum, members will be happy to offer any advice they can :)

Further Reading: Firework Consumer Guides To Types of Firework Mines