Local shop - Bright Star

evil_joe

Peasant the 1st
Hi all,

Popped into a local shop this afternoon which is doing fireworks this year. I've attached photos, some a bit blurry unfortunately, of the range they have. I had to re-size all of the pictures so I can possibly provide the names and prices if they aren't obvious on the attached photos. Can anyone tell me if there are any quality pieces amongst this lot please?

Thanks for any help.
[hr]
Few more photos.

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Picture 1: Bright Star Proton Bomb could be very good just depends on the price and reg. Pre reg ones where real flash titanium salutes. Atom Bombs are also good twin burst candles :)

evil_joe

Peasant the 1st
berry1 said:
Picture 1: Bright Star Proton Bomb could be very good just depends on the price and reg. Pre reg ones where real flash titanium salutes. Atom Bombs are also good twin burst candles :)
Cheers.

Couldn't see a price on the Proton Bombs. I saw on the stash pics thread that someone had the Atom Bombs, which I take to be a good sign. Is 10 bucks an ok price for a 2 pack? Guy in the shop said they don't over inflate prices and then offer bogof. Don't know if it was just a sales pitch. He did also say depending on total spent he could give me around 15% off.

evil_joe

Peasant the 1st
berry1 said:
If you get a pre reg one, you're in for a treat ;)
Looks pretty good. Seeing as I'm a bit of newbie (though this is my 3rd year organising a "display" for my mates) how can you tell if they are pre reg or not? Just the dating on the packaging?

evil_joe

Peasant the 1st
Wee Jock the holy pyro nutter! said:
ull know pre reg once they blow mate :D

what were the prices like in there hard to make some out
What I can make out from the originals is

Missile Command - £7.00
Atom Bombs - £10.00
Photon Burst - £3.00
Bad Boy (16 Shot barrage) - £7.50
Hydra Hummer - £8.00
Ion Storm - £20.00
Family Pack - £14.00
Other pack - £20.00
Bomb Factory Atom Bomb and Hydrogen Bomb - looks to be £8.00
The Slammer - £13.00
Trail Blazer rocket pack - £13.00
Earthquake and Tower Of Hell - looks to be £6.00 for a 2 pack.
UFO Rocket Pack - £5.00

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
The date will tell you if they are pre reg :) but i heard some things about bright star putting half old spec and half new spec out last year in the proton bomb range. Again this is potentially as i cant say for sure but a retailer local mentioned that they was putting half half in the cartons. That could have just been because he wanted to sell more Proton Bombs, unsure :)

evil_joe said:
berry1 said:
If you get a pre reg one, you're in for a treat ;)
Looks pretty good. Seeing as I'm a bit of newbie (though this is my 3rd year organising a "display" for my mates) how can you tell if they are pre reg or not? Just the dating on the packaging?

evil_joe

Peasant the 1st
Another shop on the other side of Vicky road, closer to the train station, today had some fireworks in. Didn't have a long time to look but I think the brand was Cosmic Astra or something like that?

Also, the missus said she saw an advert, near her work, for discount fireworks on Farmeloan Road in Rutherglen next to Reface Kitchens.

Anyone any ideas on either of these places?

Pyro67

Peasant the 2nd
evil_joe said:
Another shop on the other side of Vicky road, closer to the train station, today had some fireworks in. Didn't have a long time to look but I think the brand was Cosmic Astra or something like that?

Also, the missus said she saw an advert, near her work, for discount fireworks on Farmeloan Road in Rutherglen next to Reface Kitchens.

Anyone any ideas on either of these places?
evil_joe said:
the place next to reface was open last year all prices were bumped up and then bogof dont know if it will be the same though?

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
I bought proton bomb at a part of a pack where I got castle attack, tempest and proton bomb for £20 and the proton was up for £6.95 on its own near me. Looking forward to tempest after i seen the videos of it, starts of as fountain and then mine and them 55 shots.

pyro-rob said:
I bought proton bomb at a part of a pack where I got castle attack, tempest and proton bomb for £20 and the proton was up for £6.95 on its own near me. Looking forward to tempest after i seen the videos of it, starts of as fountain and then mine and them 55 shots.
Looks a good firework the tempest, not seen that before.
Will keep an eye out for that, thanks :)