Lidl fireworks 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
Lidl fireworks 2013 on sale from the 15 of October, firework is has followed.

Voodoo Star XXL Battery - £16.99* Each
Fire Pack Fireworks Selection Box - 17 Pieces - £12.99* Per Pack
Fire Fighter Power Effect Battery - 86 Shots - £9.99* Each
Cyber Fireworks Selection Box -14 Pieces - £7.99* Per Pack
Ocean of Lights Mega Fountain Battery - £7.99* Each
Cocktail of Rockets - 8 Pack - £7.99* Per Pack
Ipanema Comet Battery - 30 Shots £7.99* Each
Boxxer Star Effect Battery - 20 Shots £4.99* Each
Skyline Rocket Assortment - 6 Pack £3.99* Per Pack

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-1...idl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?id=133&ar=3

1400715_463778000405162_1426916277_o.jpg

Still a good bit away from our usual pyro season but thoughts after that recall last year what are your thoughts on lidl stock for this year personally i hope they stick to weco as its the best supermarket pyro on the floor and don't go to cheap and nasty stuff not mentioning brands

if a change in brand occurs hopefully it only goes upwards in qaulity and price remains around the same :)

thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Lidl 2013

The issue is whether wonderful Weco will manage to meet the new CE standards and as the cost of the chemicals and metals used in fireworks are increasing year on year, it is getting to a point where it will be hard to keep prices low and still be able to maintain the integrity of the goods. Jimmy and Paul have just returned from China and although it is on the run up to the Chinese New Year and things are generally quiet, the USA market is clearly on a downturn. As a lover of fireworks as well as being very fortunate to work in the industry I for one am watching pricing carefully

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th

weco are there best sellers, apart from there little hick-up last year. But like ju pointed out, It's keeping the cost low enough for sales. i wouldn't mind seeing weco this year again, but it remains to be seen supermarkets change products like there is no tomorrow.

Maddog

Esquire the 5th

but with the amount of products weco offer cost effective for lidl surely is not gonna be much even if it's 3 for £22 id still happily pay it as i know the product is outstandingly good

dont you agree ?

If only they would stock a bigger range as they do in Holland and Germany,Weco make a massive range,just a shame that no-one else sells them over here.

jay

Noble the 2nd

shame the supermarkets don't stock pyomesh packaged products

but i suppose tey'd be a bit expensive

Maddog

Esquire the 5th

would be good for a wider range but as it's seasonal importing a lot which might not sell would create a loss all year rounders should look into weco though

Fazer

Baronet the 2nd

Lidl will be stocking weco again this year!! :)

[size=small]
Re: Fireworks
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and for your patience whilst we look into your comments.

We can confirm that we will be selling Weco Fireworks again this year.
We trust that you will continue to be a valued Lidl customer.

[/size]

Yours sincerely,
For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Wonder if they will sell the same selection boxes/ rockets again, what is it 4 years in a row. Aqilla was a disaster last year and voodoo star wasn't up to much imo, so i'm hoping they will give us a fresh range this time ,but on the other hand ,if its the same , I wont have to buy anything from there to film ,so I can focus on other supermarkets.

Vladster

Esquire the 4th

I agree cossi, they had some nice pieces that were good value for money but it would be nice if they could bring out some new stuff. I read elsewhere that the Ipanema has been regraded to 1.3g so it will be interesting to see what they bring out to replace it.

I'm counting on Lidl's having some decent pyro cos i know for a fact i won't be able to resist buying more when the supermarket stuff goes on sale lol.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd

I hope there's some good weco stuff this year;cocktail of rockets and skyline are absolute rubbish and the Aquila was a walking h&s disaster! The only good ones were Ipanema and cyberbox/firepack. I would like to see Weco sell their diamantsonne and mandarinsonne wheels under cat2 8m ratings at Lidl plus Firefighter and Ipanema (if still allowed).

Vladster

Esquire the 4th

I thought the Cocktail of rockets were ok at the time but i now know there's better stuff out there for around the same price. I never got the chance to fire my Aquilas as i took them back :(

I'll be keeping a close eye on Lidl's pyro this year as i think (hoping) they will come out with a couple of decent pieces that will surprise us.

Firefighter was fine couple years back , but there was talk last year that it had been watered down though I don't know.
Weco have so many products ,something new would be nice ,although last year Aquila and voodoo star were new but for me turned out to be damp squibs, well Aquila anyway.

Vladster

Esquire the 4th

My Firefighter fired in reverse and that was after lighting the correct fuse.

I remember watching your video on the Aquila misfire...i know i shouldn't laugh but sorry mate, i couldn't help but have a wee chuckle at your reaction lol

I dunno if it was your mate or not but they seemed to think the Voodoo Star was decent....i never bought it so can't say if it was good or not.

My mate is a sort of semi pro cameraman, weddings, sports events ,whatever ,so I try to get him to film pyro with me when I can. Hes a lot closer than I am in the Aquila vid ,to the firework ,but credit to him ,and he only swore once I think.
I think he liked voodoo ,but I didn't, though on another night perhaps who knows.
ill try and post the Aquila vid on the review site.

Rich

Esquire the 2nd

cossi said:
My mate is a sort of semi pro cameraman, weddings, sports events ,whatever ,so I try to get him to film pyro with me when I can. Hes a lot closer than I am in the Aquila vid ,to the firework ,but credit to him ,and he only swore once I think.
I think he liked voodoo ,but I didn't, though on another night perhaps who knows.
ill try and post the Aquila vid on the review site.
I posted a successful firing of aquila last year.

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the weco pyro I bought last year, was head and shoulders the best value pyro I purchased .
I still have 3 firefighters ;) and will be hoping that lidll may have a slighly larger range .
I did 3 voodoo stars together on new years eve along with 3 impanemas and 3 firefighters .... they were all excellent with no problems at all.
got to thank this forum for a very good steer :D

Rich

Esquire the 2nd

just1boronut said:
I think the weco pyro I bought last year, was head and shoulders the best value pyro I purchased .
I still have 3 firefighters ;) and will be hoping that lidll may have a slighly larger range .
I did 3 voodoo stars together on new years eve along with 3 impanemas and 3 firefighters .... they were all excellent with no problems at all.
got to thank this forum for a very good steer :D
You're welcome just1boronut. That's what we are all here for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.