Lidl Firework 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
WARNING: Lidl firework 'Aquila 16 shot battery' @£4.99 has proven to be poorly manufactured / stored and poses a danger to any user. The bombettes the cake fires into the air are drastically under lifted and break either in the tube or low to the ground. Until we have further information off lidl, Please do not light this firework.

Products in this years range.

Selection Box: Fire Pack selection box 17pc – £12.99, Cyber firework selection box 14pc
Barrage: Aquilla battery firework 16 shot – £4.99, Fire Fighter battery firework 86 shot – £9.99, Voodoo Star XXL battery 50 shot – £16.99, Ipanema roman candle 30 shot
Rockets: Skyline rocket 6pk – £3.99, Cocktail of rockets 8pk

[attachment=7][attachment=6][attachment=4][attachment=8][attachment=5][attachment=3]

Meteor

Noble the 3rd
Last year they had a 25 carat gold barrage, and that was really quite nice for the price :D. The voodoo and Aquilla and new to the lidl range, and pack a punch.

Aquilla: [video=youtube]
Voodoo: [video=youtube]
Cocktail Rockets : 1. [video=youtube]
Cocktail Rockets : 2. [video=youtube]
Cocktail Rockets : 3. [video=youtube]
Skyline : [video=youtube]Fireworks - Luton - 5th November 2010 - YouTube Ipanema: [video=youtube]Ipanema: Weco Fireworks - YouTube
Firefighter: [video=youtube]weco firefighter. lidl - YouTube Selection Box: [video=youtube]lidl weco cyberbox firepack selection packs fireworks 2011 / 2012 / 2013 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Nice find Meteor, I was thinking of buying the Aquilla to add to my stash just to see it in live. Video seem quite interesting. It makes one wounder if it would meet up-to the 25 Cara gold Barrage.

I have also edited the page to add the youtube tags :)

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Just an update, i think lidl is adding the firework to there website now http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/19627.htm

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Looks promising, definately some work in progress there.

Also found this alternative Firefighter vid, think the sound is better, it's more like this in the flesh. Enjoy!

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Nice work on the vids guys, got to say its sad that they wont be selling the 1.3g 24 carat anymore best cake they sold that. Ipanema is a great cake though. Aquila and Voodoo are looking like good additions to the range, 3-4 Voodoos fired together would be good. :)

Si7

Noble the 3rd
First impressions are that Voodoo Star is a little on the steep side, might be bigger in the flesh than it looks though, perhaps with a big bore, hope it's not a big borefest...

Definately going to grab a couple of Aquilas though, be rude not!

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Going to have to ask you to do a formal review on them, when you get hold of them :) i am only going to get a Aquilas or 2, i already have got a big stash as it is.

I'll deffo be getting some Fireworks from Lidl again and especially the Ipanema as that was great I thought for the price will be picking up afew of those:D

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Meteor said:
2x Aquila 2x Ipanema for me :) They hopefully will be good starting the show!
Get one other item Meteor, Ipanema's are £7.99 ea individually or £6.66 ea if part of a threesome (oo-er)

Agree on the Starring connection Pyroman, I'm wondering if it's not the same firework? Has identical effects, same bore, same shots, same duration and it's not one of the German made cakes, it's Chinese.

Anyway bit more info on the Lidl cakes for the pyro obsessed :

Ipanema 30 shot, 30 seconds, 16mm bore, 132 x 117 x 116 - 170g NEC
25 Carat (nla) 25 shot, 30 seconds, 18mm bore, 130 x 127 x 135 - 174g NEC
Aquila, 16 shot, 35 seconds, 19mm bore, 112 x 112 x 140 - 114g NEC
Voodoo Star, 50 shot, 50 seconds, 20mm bore, 267 x 192 x 160 - 467g NEC
Firefighter, 86 shot, 50 seconds, 10, 12 & 15mm bore

Maddog

Esquire the 5th
so do i pyroman but i think the aquila will be just as good only less shots but 4 for £20 instead of 3 for £20 comparing it to last year seems ok that way

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Yes but you got to make sure its not watered down from videos, lol be good to get a live video of it

Status
Not open for further replies.