Is It Worth Keeping Empty Selection Boxes?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
So as we've used small amounts of fireworks, we can now fit all of the remaining selection box items into 2 boxes. Some of the empty boxes we're using for transporting fireworks to where they'll be lit, and we're using one to store lighters and instructions. But we have the empty Benstar Purple Moon box and the Panther box. As these are quite rare and are no longer in prodution, is it worth keeping the boxes in case they are worth a bit in 20 years or so? (i saw an old empty standard box on ebay for £30)

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
So as we've used small amounts of fireworks, we can now fit all of the remaining selection box items into 2 boxes. Some of the empty boxes we're using for transporting fireworks to where they'll be lit, and we're using one to store lighters and instructions. But we have the empty Benstar Purple Moon box and the Panther box. As these are quite rare and are no longer in prodution, is it worth keeping the boxes in case they are worth a bit in 20 years or so? (i saw an old empty standard box on ebay for £30)
Without any personal biased, I'd say yes somerset, not only were they great fireworks, but as you've said they may well be collector's items in years to come. Also, if there are God forbid any further restrictions on fireworks:eek::(, would be nice to keep. Plus they don't take up much room!

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
ok, thanks pompey, think i will keep them :)
just to add for anyone else, as it doesn't seem very clear in my original post, the boxes do not contain any fireworks, it is literally just the box :)

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
ok, thanks pompey, think i will keep them :)
just to add for anyone else, as it doesn't seem very clear in my original post, the boxes do not contain any fireworks, it is literally just the box :)
Just to clarify I got that, might be even rarer especially as they are not even a brand anymore, when standard are still in production

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
i thought you did pompey, it was more for people who didn't read the thread title properly (i do this all the time :oops:)

It could be actually, never thought of that :) We may see if we can get another Purple Moon at chaplins when they sell for NYE, then keep the box and contents for a bit, even if it means we can have some good pyro in a few years

Reactions: Pompeypyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
I've decided that i will keep them, even if they aren't worth anything, they'd be nice to have as collectable items anyway :)

Reactions: Pompeypyro

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Yeah I always keep boxes. There will always be firework collectors and boxes, just like the fireworks in them are normally use once items (most people light all fireworks and throw the box away after)

Even the common TNT supermarket selection boxes we can get easily these days will eventually stop being sold and become extinct over the years.

The only thing I don't normally keep are things like the cheap lidl TNT selection packaging because that's just a thick plastic bag with a small card label. I doubt even in 100 years time that someone will pay for that.

Reactions: Pyrotechnic