Idiot That Shouldn't Be Lighting Fireworks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
This should be the advert for how to not light fireworks. Found vid online which was recorded just after firework night last year.

He buys a load of supermarket fireworks believing they are going to be massive aerial, high quality display fireworks.

First thing is to light a sparkler indoors and then wave small cakes around pretty much next to the sparkler.

Next, as the fireworks are being lit barely a meter away (Still with the belief these are going to be massive display style fireworks), complains about how poor they are and that he wants his money back (because he was slowly finding out most of what he had bought were fountains)

Then, the dumbest mistake. Believing that rockets are launched by putting the stick directly into the ground and wondering why they have exploded at ground level.

Finally, seeing a weird plastic tube in the box and realising it's a rocket tube, launching a rocket properly and complaining about how poor they are.

The video is 100% legit (minus the boring parts where he put the cam on the side in darkness while lighting some of the others)

People like this make it seem to the complainers that fireworks are dangerous and need to be banned. For starters, just imagine if they were actually high powered fireworks that were lit the same distance away. Or if 1 of the rockets was even a war hawk. Burns unit victim and more anti-pyro talks.

There is strong language in the video....

http://3.sendvid.com/z2rre9by.mp4

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
This should be the advert for how to not light fireworks. Found vid online which was recorded just after firework night last year.

He buys a load of supermarket fireworks believing they are going to be massive aerial, high quality display fireworks.

First thing is to light a sparkler indoors and then wave small cakes around pretty much next to the sparkler.

Next, as the fireworks are being lit barely a meter away (Still with the belief these are going to be massive display style fireworks), complains about how poor they are and that he wants his money back (because he was slowly finding out most of what he had bought were fountains)

Then, the dumbest mistake. Believing that rockets are launched by putting the stick directly into the ground and wondering why they have exploded at ground level.

Finally, seeing a weird plastic tube in the box and realising it's a rocket tube, launching a rocket properly and complaining about how poor they are.

The video is 100% legit (minus the boring parts where he put the cam on the side in darkness while lighting some of the others)

People like this make it seem to the complainers that fireworks are dangerous and need to be banned. For starters, just imagine if they were actually high powered fireworks that were lit the same distance away. Or if 1 of the rockets was even a war hawk. Burns unit victim and more anti-pyro talks.

There is strong language in the video....

http://3.sendvid.com/z2rre9by.mp4
What a d**k!!!! People like him make me ANGRY....and it's silly stupid prats like HIM which spoil fireworks for everybody else, what a knob :mad::mad::mad::mad:If any of them fireworks caught light in the house and burnt the house down;the antifirework fraternity would jump on it and start calling for fireworks to be banned from retail sale and only permitted in organised public displays.

Last edited:

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Exactly. Anti pyro people only ever read or hear about burns and house fires then jump on how dangerous they are. They never fully see the story about the idiot lighting them.

So many clear and common sense instructions disobeyed. I don't see stuff like lighter fuel being banned because some misuse it by sniffing it.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Firstly you do NOT light outdoor sparklers indoors, and certainly NOT IN VERY CLOSE PROXIMITY to where the fireworks are in the house, secondly, you OBSERVE ALL SAFETY DISTANCES on a firework (even IF something is small and it says 25 metres, you FOLLOW 25 metres distance from the firework, and on a 5 metre firework, you OBSERVE and FOLLOW the 5 metres safety distance NOT stand a metre away), and thirdly EVERYONE knows you don't stick rockets in the ground and use the supplied rocket tubes provided with your rocket pack(s). If ever there was an example of the wrong way to use fireworks THIS PERSON IS IT. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: FireworksDude86
Oct 13, 2012
swansea
The guy may have some kind of illness ,perhaps he doesn't know any better ,though the video is a great weapon for the anti brigade .

He is right in one respect ,the fireworks are crap and I find it sad that boxes like the ones he had are being sold for those prices . I have seen myself ,a box ,not unlike the ones he had ,being sold in an all year firework shop ,over rrp ,to men not unlike the guy in the video.
Just glad the guy didn't get injured . Imagine he lit a warhawk and didn't use the tube .

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
It seems to be more a big headed aspect of things, thinking it's "only some fireworks" and playing up to the camera. Buying a product they had no idea how to use safely and instead was trying to use in their own way, perhaps even knowingly dangerously (safety distance wise), is a risky business.

Those are crap as they were the Morrisons range sold last year, but it just shows. His expectations as a non firework enthusiast was they were effectively massive aerial cakes. The disappointment was only through seeing they were actually fountains, but the intent to light "big cakes" that close up was there as that was what he thought the products were.

It seems it knew what he was doing, through ignorance or choice. I mean, people that ignore instructions and put a rocket stick into the ground and light it (believing thats how the rocket is lit) should not be handling fireworks whatsoever

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
The guy may have some kind of illness ,perhaps he doesn't know any better ,though the video is a great weapon for the anti brigade .

He is right in one respect ,the fireworks are crap and I find it sad that boxes like the ones he had are being sold for those prices . I have seen myself ,a box ,not unlike the ones he had ,being sold in an all year firework shop ,over rrp ,to men not unlike the guy in the video.
Just glad the guy didn't get injured . Imagine he lit a warhawk and didn't use the tube .
Whether fireworks can be excellent OR crap, you should ALWAYS follow the instructions properly, use them safely and respect them for what they are, even a a crappy box of supermarket range fireworks or dire pack of supermarket range fireworks has the potential to do some property damage, start a house fire or cause very serious injury, burns or even death if misused or abused - THEY ARE EXPLOSIVES for goodness sake, plus as 100% of British brand consumer retail fireworks are made in China, there is also the potential there for a mishap or a misfire or malfunction in the event of a manufacturing defect, these things made in China are mass produced and are not quite made with the same care and attention like the careful production and manufacture that British made fireworks were famed for and British workers were proud of, making for much safer products and more exciting entertainment.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
swansea
Of course instructions should always be followed ,there should be no misuse ,and so on . The guy cant even pronounce the name of the box . It seems he as at least learning difficulties . He may be under the influence of drugs ,prescribed or otherwise.
I am not defending his actions ,he may just be an idiot playing to his audience . Perhaps I am naïve ,though I do think the guy is ill.

triple burst

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 28, 2014
Oh my god. They don't make fireworks like they use too. What a total japan in my Boxers surely no one can be that thick. I work on lots of mental health units and buildings for people with special needs and I can honestly say compared to that twat I would rather have any of them crew with me on a show than let him open my van doors Words can't describe there are people like him loose in the community