Ice fountains advice?

I have been looking around the web at purchasing a fair amount of ice fountains and I was wondering if anyone could advise of a good price per 3/4 pack of fountains when buying in bulk. Does anyone have a rule of thumb? Is there any recommendations for suppliers? Is it just cheaper to go to the supermarket? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks. :)

Stores and supermarkets can be very expensive for ice fountains, and the quality and performance of them does vary.

Galactic Fireworks on the other have very good ones on multibuy offers and they seem to be brighter livelier and better than many store branded ones. ;)

Stores and supermarkets can be expensive for ice fountains, and the quality and performance of them does vary. Galactic Fireworks have very good ones on multibuy offers and they seem to be brighter livelier and better than many store branded ones. ;)
I feel like galactic are a bit steep with the prices of their ice fountains compared to even just sellers on Amazon despite performance.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
A few years ago, I made 2 set pieces with ice fountains, one with Galactics ice fountains and one with a box brought from Amazon. Galactics were distinctly better quality, however were 3x the price for 48 fountains, and imo that's not a justifiable difference. If you want a large number then galactics are most likely the best bet but for the quantity I got then I'd just go to Amazon tbh

A few years ago, I made 2 set pieces with ice fountains, one with Galactics ice fountains and one with a box brought from Amazon. Galactics were distinctly better quality, however were 3x the price for 48 fountains, and imo that's not a justifiable difference. If you want a large number then galactics are most likely the best bet but for the quantity I got then I'd just go to Amazon tbh
Very good points made. The one problem I have noticed with Amazon is that they only seem to last for 30 seconds where as galactic last for 60 seconds. Tesco are currently doing 5 packs of 3 fountains for £6 which adds up to 45 fountains for £18 which is significantly cheaper however I don't know how long tescos burn for.

zephieish

Wizard the 1st
Very good points made. The one problem I have noticed with Amazon is that they only seem to last for 30 seconds where as galactic last for 60 seconds. Tesco are currently doing 5 packs of 3 fountains for £6 which adds up to 45 fountains for £18 which is significantly cheaper however I don't know how long tescos burn for.
I tested Asda ones the other week and they lasted a minute, if that helps.. not sure on prices though, as I forgot.. :)

Best to buy a sample of each from supermarkets, that'll be better than buying a bulk load of shorter duration ones.

Stuck some in my online shop in case he forgets lol (daughter's birthday so must have) they are 1.50 for 3. In a 5 for 4 offer till start of Oct

I'll light one tomorrow

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
I used to use quite a few Tesco ones for cakes a few years ago, they're very decent from memory, my store stopped doing them a while back though so I forgot all about them lol

Ok, 38 seconds burn. Lit instantly, better than some. Bright flame but felt like less sparkly than others we've had. Labelled as flaming cake fountains. Hope thats some help.

I think the husband is finally accepting my daft love of anything and everything pyro. He timed it and didn't even laugh at me. Much. Result lol
I purchased 5 packs today. I have to say I'm a little disappointed to hear that they only burn 38 seconds as I was hoping for a little longer:) anyway will have to see for myself now. Appreciate your review!

zephieish

Wizard the 1st
On the other hand.. maybe a minute is too long :p

Was waiting 30 seconds for it to die out after we sang Happy Birthday for the Asda ones.. haha.