Huge Amount Of Pyro

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Right, so I have decided as I have so many fireworks here and in storage to open up a new channel showcasing everything.

I have a completely epic range of fireworks quantity wise, many old favourites and classics. Probably 500 fireworks (stored in a few different locations to be under the 5kg limits).

Throughout the year I will be having as many displays as possible. Actually i'm trying to average things so I launch 5-10 fireworks per week throughout 2015 (more on special occasions of course)

Every single firework will be in archive format, individual videos, pre-launch pictures, package details, NEC's. Even reviews of boxes for consumers. All will be in HD and high quality sound (minus the first 10 or so due to configuring camera and prime launching positions).

By the end of 2015 i'm expecting to upload around 500 videos.

Sparkz Pyro - YouTube

2 videos uploaded so far, purely just a test (the whole box will be uploaded, and more!!)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
god, your neighbours must hate you dude! :)
When you fire something, see whether it is already in the fireworks review section on here. If its not, please upload a thread with all the relevant info (nec, rrp, safety distance etc.)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks very much. Haha, I think they will by the end of the year. Curtain twitchers were already about on NYE because this area seems to suddenly be anti-pyro :(.

Thanks very much and indeed I will. The main plan is to get everything done individually instead of 1 selection box = 1 big vid (as we know someone may just see 1 or 2 bits from a box that they like and not want to skip through 15 mins of other stuff to find vids of those), so if it's a box to review I will just post up 1 vid each of the best, middle of the road and worst from the box with all other info of course.

Tonight will be a classic family box as I have a few stored here (Astra - Carnival selection box)

Thanks again

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
No problem

Thats a good idea for vid layout btw :)
You could also do some 'unboxing' vids for the selection boxes, gives people an idea of contents :)
Its a shame this country is going anti pyro, because some people are pricks and don't treat it how it should be treated (as high explosives!)

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks and I certainly will. The review video's will be multiple images with commentary, showcasing everything.

To be fair, there's too much propaganda thrown in with that mix.

I recall seeing a picture on facebook with a dog and it's face blown off. The false headline from the person sharing the picture was "kids tied firework to dogs face and lit it". Bullcrap, I knew it wasn't but so many Anti pyro people replied saying the normal crap of how they should be display only. A while after someone ousted them and showed the article that picture was from.... "Dog tried digging up IED mine".

Same thing with another article in a local paper from someone claiming a cheap supermarket rocket hit their roof and blew a hole in it (no way)

Then a certain firework event I attended had problems from the start (delays and other problems). The fallout zone was nearly non existent, people were allowed barely 5 metres from the launch site. Surely anyone would know that firing CAT 4 from that distance probably will cause injuries to the crowd? Yet when injury was caused to the crowd, the buck was happily passed to the firework manufacturers and most people who have no clue about fireworks are happy to believe that the fireworks caused the problem

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Thing is, that facebook thing was just someone being a twat, but the 'certain event' was a proper accident, caused by poor organisation, not pyro.
People just automatically blame it on fireworks. The same thing happened down here in Taunton with the tragic events of nov. 4th 2011 on the M5. The police straight away said the fireworks were to blame, which resulted in a trial being laughed out of court at great cost to the taxpayer.

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Yeah I completely agree. If used correctly, fireworks are as safe as a safety gas lighter. Bangers tell the complete story really... Harmless, extremely safe when put on the floor and lit yet kids throwing them at people and using them incorrectly caused the ban of them. The fireworks were not to blame, it was the people using them.

Yeah that's exactly the same thing. At the end of the day, the main malfunction with fireworks when lit can be occasional cake blowouts or fireworks that dont fire after the fuse has burnt out. If the minimum safety distance is implemented, blowouts will rarely cause any harm. Non firers can be left until the next day and it's all up to the head firer to check for obstacles, wind direction and where smoke could potentially end up.

Sadly with the event I was at, after checking the council investigation files that were made public. it seems fireworks will have the blame. The display company claim's it was a firework malfunction. The council are clueless and as no fatality's occurred (Just a few people who had head injuries) the investigation won't be about who was to blame but more about preventing a firework "malfunctioning" at any event in the future.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
If used correctly, and at an appropriate distance, fireworks are safer than cars, electronic appliances and bicycles. As all these can go wrong whilst being used correctly.
We had a firework literally blow up a few years ago, but because we were at a safe distance no harm was done (other than a black fence lol)
People need to remember though, that they are live explosives, and occasionally, like electric stuff, that they will go wrong. Just because theres a tiny risk that it'll catch fire doesn't stop anyone buying a TV.

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
I agree. It is all about how they are used, like you say.

Poor fence haha. But yeah, had a few black fences myself but normally because of wheel's (my mistake though with hammering them in too far so they did not spin).

Exactly. We should just be left to it, if people don't like fireworks then fair enough.... But I don't particularly like my neighbour burning rubbish in his metal bin but wouldn't start complaining about it.

BTW. Had a few epic records tonight I will be putting as reviews.

Some of the air bomb styles, Astra thunder kings :)O never knew they were double shots), screechy rockets

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
We set fire to our fence in 3 different places one year when 3 of our 4 wheels failed to spin :oops:
There are plenty of things we could complain about, but we don't. If someone can't cope with a few bangs 2 times a year, they need to go out more tbh.

Nov 1, 2015
Those videos was enjoyable fireworksDude86 thank you. the Megablast fountain looks interesting Where did you get it?

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I assume you were referring to Alien Dreams Fountain? Megablast fireworks are the brand name of the Strike Force Selection Box

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Need to get some more videos upped soon but had several problems including lost digi cam, neighbours and a broken phone.

Gaz is right. Megablast just repackaged old DRD. I think megablast are gone now as their website doesn't seem to exist.

Effectively all it is, is big packaging, with very little pyro contents inside (3 tubes visco'd together to set off 1 after the other).

Theres a lot of similar fountains out there for cheap, mostly in the was £179.99, now £29.99 big boxes. Last year I picked up a men shun box with that sort of discount. It contained several similar fountains (and not much else aside from poor rockets).

Reactions: tattlers