how was your bfn 2013!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
just to start off, my display mainly went well.
-the volley of the worst cocktail rockets (lidl) got people's attention pretty well.
-the air strike rockets (aldi) that my cousin brought along all fired well although the bursts weren't great
-Boxxer cake (lidl)was perfect as a small 1st cake followed by 2 illusion missile cakes (morrisons)
-the first firefighter cake (lidl) was also good as the bursts were quick and decent
-his pack of deep space shot tubes which were fanned slightly and lit as a volley also fired without any mishaps and had surprisingly good bursts.
-the stormy & big crackles rockets (lidl) had better burst than any other supermarket rockets and all functioned wellso i was pleased with them
-my brother bought a pack of star rider rockets (aldi) and these were ok in groups of 4 but the bursts were barely visible to the audience
-the last of the firefighter cakes (lidl) also fired great followed by ipanema (lidl) and 2x voodoo star (lidl) fired together as a finale. :idea:
[attachment=1096] [attachment=1095]
-the double burst Gemini rocket (fireworks int) wasn't as good as expected as both bursts were smaller than i anticipated but it was still a good rocket.
-and finally the very end was the typhoon rockets (fireworks int) which had great bursts as did the explorer rocket (fireworks int) and they packed a pretty good punch. :p
-the whistle, and silver comet sharpshooter candles fired ok in a V just before boxxer but weren't very high :dodgy:, the spinner ones only rose to about 10ft then fell and scorched the grass :-/ and the 3 that burst into crosettes misfired completely (very similar to the vids of last years aquila :exclamation: )
-they rose to about no more than 8 to 10 feet, fell back down and burst at ground level :eek: they were also the ones that i fanned slightly. but luckily the fuses were long enough for me to get to a safe and sheltered place :s

appart from that, all was good, no one got injured thanks to a field ad a friendly farmer giving plenty of room as well as a shed thing to stand near to shelter me :p

JdmBoy2012

Noble
Sep 10, 2013
I had an awesome time, My favorite even out of the expensive £30/£40 cakes was amazingly the FireFighter & Ipanema, They're unbelievably big bursts and rapid, I thought it was gonna go on forever when I lit them lol!

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I'm going to pick up a couple of firefighters tonight to run either side of my thunerous finale. Think that would work quite well

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
Last night I had a Cosmic Astra Amazing Selection Box, Skycrafter Sky Blast Garden Rocket Pack, TNT Star Rider Garden Rocket Pack, BrightStar Calypso Pearls Garden Roman Candle Pack, 2xBrightStar Tri Colour Wheels display firework wheel packs and a 16shot Brothers Hitman Garden Roman Candle Cake. Most went well but one of my tnt rockets didn't take off and exploded at ground level and one of my triangle wheels exploded to pieces with a big bang while spinning:(

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Apart from my Fiery Eye failing to spin, last night went down a treat ;)

I definitely made the right choice in getting my pyro from Epic as the cakes were superb especially the Flash Dance, Heavy Duty, Whispering Palms and the Alien which was seriously loud. I bought too many smaller selection boxes this year so another Firestorm and maybe a Brothers Companion to compliment a 36 barrels kit and a couple of larger cakes should do the trick for next time ;)

Time to get another pyro fund going again lol

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
AnthonyUKpyro said:
Last night I had a Cosmic Astra Amazing Selection Box, Skycrafter Sky Blast Garden Rocket Pack, TNT Star Rider Garden Rocket Pack, BrightStar Calypso Pearls Garden Roman Candle Pack, 2xBrightStar Tri Colour Wheels display firework wheel packs and a 16shot Brothers Hitman Garden Roman Candle Cake. Most went well but one of my tnt rockets didn't take off and exploded at ground level and one of my triangle wheels exploded to pieces with a big bang while spinning:(
A wheel exploding on the nail sounds a lot more fun than watching one spin round ant :p

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 2nd
Feb 13, 2013
I will be doing a big show this saturday at my mates farm in a 2part display;selection boxes and small stuff for the first half then a break for food and drink and bigger cat2/cat3 for the 2nd part finishing with four 200shot cakes and three Rage Sledgehammer 3" ball rockets for a finale;)