How do you light your fireworks?

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Well i have used in the past Portfires, but this year, i have opt in for the very first time, for a remote Firing system The Launch Kontrol.

What do you prefer to light your fireworks.

Meteor

Noble the 3rd
Admin said:
Well i have used in the past Portfires, but this year, i have opt in for the very first time, for a remote Firing system The Launch Kontrol.

What do you prefer to light your fireworks.
The Kontrol! Absolute awesomeness ;) It's really cheap and decent build quality. Ignites fireworks easily and fast.
I use a lighter, and sometimes my blow torch, it's not a massive one - just small and pocket sized for easy lighting ;).

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
I never have/will use a lighter on a firework safety reason .. That's why if i don't have a portfire. then i will rummage around for a blowtorch :) I am looking forward to this Firing system

N

Nathan

Don't be to optimistic it's not that good, needs line of sight and new battery's each year or use, only 15m range go wireless much better

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Wireless is by far the best but for 1. Its much more expensive atleast 100 quid for a good 12 cue and 2. They take some damn programming and setting up.

Just make sure the receivers are not blocked by trees, grass or anything and you shouldn't have a problem with Launch Control for an average display.

N

Nathan

Can get way cheaper than that see wireless fireworks can link 3-4 igniters from 1 cue
Launch kontrol is ok but does'nt have great range and expensive refills

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Nathan said:
Can get way cheaper than that see wireless fireworks can link 3-4 igniters from 1 cue
Launch kontrol is ok but does'nt have great range and expensive refills
Cheapest 12 cue on Wireless Fireworks is £79.99. For the pro one in a full unit the price is £106.99 without batteries. They are by far the best prices ive seen on firing systems. Galactic stock them as well at a equally great price.

Thats quite alot more than Launch Control admittedly its more cues.

If you go for the 6 cue you can launch 6 banks of fireworks which in IMHO you need a good 12 cues for a proper display. :)

Just my opinion.

N

Nathan

£79.99 is cheaper than £100
You can fire more than once from one que you can't do that with launch kontrol refills are 15 igniters for £9.99 extra box is £4.99
4 boxes with 20 cues would be about £40
So a wireless one will pay for itself in a year depends how pro you wanna be

N

Nathan

Back on topic, safest way to light fireworks is at arms length etc by hand please read hse for more info

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Nathan said:
Back on topic, safest way to light fireworks is at arms length etc by hand please read hse for more info
OP is asking HOW do you light your fireworks, lets not degenerate into a tangle of HSE rules, regulations and red tape, there's other forums for the self appointed firework police to have a good old circle jerk if that's your bag.

Portfire for me, it's traditional! Although I am becoming tempted to give the remote firing option a whirl, could get quite creative. Launch Control is wireless is it not?