Homebase To Close Stores

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
yep, the taunton store is going, but will be replaced with the range so its almost better, the range is a better shop and their pyro is far superior ;):p

Reactions: gaz

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Well it doesn't surprise me, terribly expensive for basic DIY essentials.

They had the potential to be the best store over it's rivals, possibly they care more about Argos than they do for their Homebase stores.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
may be true zep, they were pricey, but they did have good christmas stuff for a good price, their artificial trees particularly were good for the price

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Never had one local to me so no loss for me. I do on the other have more B&Q's than 1 man will ever need in there life and, maybe more than all there children will need for rest of his blood line.... there like weeds. I also say LONG LIVE THE RANGE such a good shop

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
the range is fantastic, and much better value than homebase as well :)
Taunton's is still very much open, no closing sales yet, and they have all the christmas stuff out, so doesn't seem to be going any time soon.
Though, probably for the good of everyone, they have no pyro either ;)

pyro-rob

Royal Knight the 3rd
Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
the range is fantastic, and much better value than homebase as well :)
Taunton's is still very much open, no closing sales yet, and they have all the christmas stuff out, so doesn't seem to be going any time soon.
Though, probably for the good of everyone, they have no pyro either ;)
Take them a while to wind down the store. is the company was going under it would be different but a lot of stock I would of thought be taken to other stores as well.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Take them a while to wind down the store. is the company was going under it would be different but a lot of stock I would of thought be taken to other stores as well.
you're probably right rob, but i know sometimes instead of having to pay to get products taken to another store, its cheaper just to sell them at 70% odd off

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i think it would, tbh was hoping they'd have an offer on any remaining fireworks, like 70-80% off, they may be worth it then :)
They didn't have any pyro so no question of that happening