Home Brew

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Is anybody else on here into making your own beer/cider?

I got one of them basic lager kits you see in the supermarkets last year as a Christmas present, it was enough to make 40 pints...it wasn't great tbh but for a 1st brew, it was more than drinkable. I'm now on my 11th brew and i have to say i'm getting better at it. I'm loving the fact that it equates to under 50p a pint after you've bought everything you need.

I've currently got a Canadian Blonde lager fermenting away in my living room (much to my wife's annoyance lol) which will be ready to bottle next week.

Here's a wee pic of my fermenter in action....i'll take a few more when i bottle it next week :)

20160903_162233.jpg

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
My father used to make home made wine with the tinned concentrate you can get ,think wilko still sell them ,not sure if boots still do.
we always had a couple of gallons fermenting away . we used to go down town picking up empty wine bottles ,that the bars and restaurants left out in boxes.
My parents being Italian ,it was normal to have wine ,and us children were allowed to drink it , prob from age 10/11 , not sure what age exactly , but I was often reminded that I would get tipsy and stand on a chair and start singing .
Still got some demijohns ,(gallon jars) so hope one day to get back into it, Think everyone should try to homebrew at least once.

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
My step dad is always brewing beers or making wines. He's pretty good now as he's been doing it for years.

Contemplating starting myself.

Reactions: Vladster and gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I don't drink unfortunately, But I have known people to do this.

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I highly recommend it lads...once you've got the 1st couple of batches under your belt and ironed out any little mistakes you were making, it's actually quite enjoyable. I bottled my Canadian Blonde earlier, i ended up with 43 500ml bottles in total so i'm happy with that and it should be ready for a wee taste in around 3/4 weeks if all goes well.

Here's a wee pic :)

Homebrew.JPG

And here's another pic of a Heritage Lager i've had conditioning for 6 weeks now....i'm always ready for a cold pint after a bottling session lol :D

Heritage Lager.JPG

Reactions: Alexs21 and gaz

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Just sitting here with a pint of that Canadian Blonde i was banging on about a few weeks ago. It's turned out decent with a nice head on it and it leaves rings all the way down the glass...it's not a bad life eh, a wee bit of pyro shopping and a pint of your own beer isn't half bad like :D

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Just sitting here with a pint of that Canadian Blonde i was banging on about a few weeks ago. It's turned out decent with a nice head on it and it leaves rings all the way down the glass...it's not a bad life eh, a wee bit of pyro shopping and a pint of your own beer isn't half bad like :D
Send me some please :D. I love a good blonde.

Reactions: Vladster

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
You'd love this blonde Rich....what's not to like, she gives great head and she doesn't cost too much :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Awesome, suspect she makes you feel a bit dizzy after a session on her as well ;)

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
I've just made another small order for 3 more kits...i'm planning to get them ready in time for Christmas and New Year. I've went for a Canadian Blonde ale again as it's a lovely beer, an Australian draught beer and a North Camp lager kit which i've never done before but i have high hopes for it. It should be here on Monday and i'll start one on Monday night...i'll take a few more pics just incase anyone is interested lol.

I order from the Home Brew shop and i can't rate them highly enough ;)

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/index.html