Help me!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
Hi Guys. It's that time of year where I start to plan my firework display for my boy for Diwali. He's 5 and really excited!

Based on advice from knowledgeable posters on here I've bought the Party Selection Box by Bright star from the Range the last 2 years with a back of rockets or a cake. The price increase means I'm unwilling to pay the extortionate price they're now asking.

I have a £40 - £50 budget. I have all the regular supermarkets near me. I also live in Leicester if anyone knows of anywhere else I can get something good.

We like the variety of a selection box and like everyone, want value for money.

I really appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks

H

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Hi Guys. It's that time of year where I start to plan my firework display for my boy for Diwali. He's 5 and really excited!

Based on advice from knowledgeable posters on here I've bought the Party Selection Box by Bright star from the Range the last 2 years with a back of rockets or a cake. The price increase means I'm unwilling to pay the extortionate price they're now asking.

I have a £40 - £50 budget. I have all the regular supermarkets near me. I also live in Leicester if anyone knows of anywhere else I can get something good.

We like the variety of a selection box and like everyone, want value for money.

I really appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks

H
This shop comes up on Google but not sure how far away it is from you Screenshot_20211009-161045_Chrome.jpg

I would go for something like this as it has good variety. Not had cosmic before so not sure how good the box will be but a few people on the forum seem to pick them up and will most likely out perform supermarkets

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
This shop comes up on Google but not sure how far away it is from you View attachment 8480

I would go for something like this as it has good variety. Not had cosmic before so not sure how good the box will be but a few people on the forum seem to pick them up and will most likely out perform supermarkets
Ahh. Thanks. I've had a selection box from cosmic a couple of years ago. I'll look back over my previous posts to remind myself how they were.

This place isn't too far so I will pay them a visit.

Any one else want to chip in? Just seen some videos on SomersetPyros YouTube page for info.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Tbf mate that place looks like a decent option, will almost certainly be a good bit better than what you'll get from the supermarkets this year with the price rises etc. Go in and have a chat with them, no doubt they can work something out for you :) My youtube channel is unfortunately a bit out of date now, life means i've had no time at all to make any new videos since before the pandemic!

Reactions: Himesh

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
I went there on my way he from work. They seemed friendly. Still waiting for stock to come in. But he will be doing a bundle deal.

For £45 he is including Astra Blue Cosmos selection box. Cosmic Star Strobe. Devco Hydra Rockets. A "cake" and some Sparklers.

Does that sound like s good deal?

He did say that I'm better off getting Gemstone Fireworks Sapphire Box. The box said 1700g NEC! Never heard of them though. Has anyone else?

I'll upload pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: Pyrobrummie

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
If the Gemstone box does have 1.7kg NEC, that's a steal for £37. The package deal seems decent as well, don't think you can go wrong either way. I'd say just have a chat, and see what you guys decide between you. The guy will want your return business, i doubt he'd sell you anything shite :)

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
I went there on my way he from work. They seemed friendly. Still waiting for stock to come in. But he will be doing a bundle deal.

For £45 he is including Astra Blue Cosmos selection box. Cosmic Star Strobe. Devco Hydra Rockets. A "cake" and some Sparklers.

Does that sound like s good deal?

He did say that I'm better off getting Gemstone Fireworks Sapphire Box. The box said 1700g NEC! Never heard of them though. Has anyone else?

I'll upload pictures.
Never had gemstone but there cakes look brilliant. The star strobe shot tubes will be decent and the rockets will be decent enough for the money

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
The only thing putting me off the Gemstone Firework Box is they had a small Topaz box and that had exactly the same NEC content. So I was a bit dubious. Also the fact that I can't find anything much on forums about the brand.

The bundle looks decent and would cover all my bases and looks a better bet than supermarkets.

Thanks for the input. Ill try and wangle space hawks instead of the hydros. I had space hawks a couple of years ago and was blown away. (Excuse the pun)

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Ye t
The only thing putting me off the Gemstone Firework Box is they had a small Topaz box and that had exactly the same NEC content. So I was a bit dubious. Also the fact that I can't find anything much on forums about the brand.

The bundle looks decent and would cover all my bases and looks a better bet than supermarkets.

Thanks for the input. Ill try and wangle space hawks instead of the hydros. I had space hawks a couple of years ago and was blown away. (Excuse the pun)
the bundle seems good enough tbh especially if you can haggle the hawks even if he asks for 50 rather than 45. There isn't much on gemstone as they are fairly new to the uk

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff

Did you mean 1700g, or was it 170? I'd have thought a small box would only be the latter

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
Sapphire is a large box measuring over 80cm in length! It is packed full of 26 fireworks, consisting of :

• 18 x Fountains
  • 2 x 7 shot Barrages
  • 1 x Roman Candle
  • 1 x 200shot Missile Barrage
  • 4 x Small Rockets.
Ideal for a back garden display, for all the family to enjoy!

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
Your very welcome, Me personally i would go for the box you get a mixture of everything in there and gemstone is building a name a name as a premium brand

Joe ciabatti

Baronet
Jan 12, 2017
London
I thought Devco went bust. They used to make some fantastic pieces
They're still going. I went into their West London store and spoke to the owner. With regards to not seeing the brand in London anymore I was told that the retailers that previously stocked them said that their trade prices were too expensive, but now I'm seeing them on BOGOF elsewhere....

Reactions: jackstanley

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Looks a bit samey, but there's a hell of a lot of powder in it for £37. Might well be worth the risk, but it depends what else you're after. The £45 pack gives more variety IMO, also leaves you a bit of cash on the side to add something else, a big fountain or a small cake. With the big box, you'd only have £13 left to get a finale, which won't close you out so well

Reactions: Tom Win and Himesh

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
So I went and bought the Gemstone Sapphire Selection Box. The quoted NEC on box states 1764g. I thought for £37.50 that was a good deal. Got home and totted up the total NEC reading the label on the individual fireworks and it's came to 576g!

I feel ripped off! Anyway I got the box, Star Fighter Rockets, 3 packs of sparklers and 10 boxes of fun snaps for £50. Is that a good deal. I feel cheated to be honest.

Attachments