Hello to all of you from Canada

Hi,

I just joined this group and very happy to read all your comments and get used to the forum.

Last March, i took and early pension and decided that after 33 years working in nursing field, it was time to take a long break!
I have plenty of time now to enjoy all i gathered in those years and take the time to go through all myd collections I have...

Yes, i am a collector… Many items BUT first, Christmas decorations…. I have over 30 mangers, angels, Santa Claus, elves etc...
I also have a nice collection of Christmas cards i kept since I am 8 years old. I have greeting cards from all around the world...

I'm just starting now to look and search around many shoe boxes i have in my basement with those precious cards….
This afternoon, i took away some cards and will pretty soon start to write them...I like to put Christmas music, a nice egg nog and I spend my Sunday afternoon getting my cards ready...

Honestly, it's a pitty that the tradition of sending Christmas cards is dying….My family does not send any cards anymore...Most of the cards i send are to penpals around the world and friends who share the love of sending wishes by snail mail like me...

exeterpyro

Baronet the1st
Hey! Welcome to the forum :) Where about in Canada? It is a beautiful country, I think Vancouver is one of my favourite places I've visited. I wonder whether christmas card writing will come back round in the future? I certainly feel a bit christmassy now with the talk of Egg-Nog...

Thank You to all of you!

For your concern, Post Canada is on strike since last night! I hope this issue will be taking care of fast! We need all are Christmas mail to travel safe this year!! :(

Hey! Welcome to the forum :) Where about in Canada? It is a beautiful country, I think Vancouver is one of my favourite places I've visited. I wonder whether christmas card writing will come back round in the future? I certainly feel a bit christmassy now with the talk of Egg-Nog...
I live on the east coast in the province of New Brunswick, on the border with the USA. I only have to cross a bridge and I am in Maine!!!

I doubt the tradition of sending Christmas wishes by snail mail will come back. The internet does not help and the postal fees is so high.
It cost 1.50 for USA and 2.50 for international… We are canadians, one of the country, with the highest price for mailing a simple card, in the world. Australia is also very expensive….

For myself, I hate to send wishes via email and even any writing to friends over seas…It not personal and too easy!