Hello there!

Hi guys, Jay here!
I'm sure you see many new people register around Bonfire Night.. and I'm one of them! I'm 20 and I'm holding this year's Bonfire Night party. I'm looking at a £50-£80 budget.. but don't know where to start!
I see you can pick up cheap items from the likes of ASDA / Lidl etc.. but are they really any good? I've also been looking at Homebase, who are doing BOGOF.

So, any advice? Thanks!

Cigar

Noble the 3rd
JRHughes said:
Hi guys, Jay here!
I'm sure you see many new people register around Bonfire Night.. and I'm one of them! I'm 20 and I'm holding this year's Bonfire Night party. I'm looking at a £50-£80 budget.. but don't know where to start!
I see you can pick up cheap items from the likes of ASDA / Lidl etc.. but are they really any good? I've also been looking at Homebase, who are doing BOGOF.

So, any advice? Thanks!
Hi Jay,

Do you have any independent firework stores nearby? Where are you based? You should be able to get a half decent stash with £80. I'm sure someone can help you out with some local stores.

Otherwise, if you have to buy from supermarkets, Lidl probably has the best stuff this year (Weco). I would personally go for 2x Ipanema and a cyber pack (all 3 for £20). Then maybe a firefighter (£9.99) and a Voodoo Star (£16.99). Totals less than £50.

Asda are doing a Pumpkin Fountain (£5) which has got good reviews and a 4 pack of shot tubes (Deep Space 4 - also £5), which also have some decent reviews. Sainsbury's Pink Champagne (£8) fountain also has some good reviews along with their Plasmic Lights shot tubes (£5).

It all depends on what sort of fireworks you are into, but I couldn't recommend any rockets from supermarkets, as they are almost always a let down.