Hello, Is There Life Out There?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
It has been circulating for last week. Prof Stephen Hawking backs venture to listen for aliens - BBC News

Seems interesting, though, that millions are getting pumped into finding out there is life out there, and TBH, I can see big money involved if there was life out in space.

im not going to be arrogent that life doesnt exsist on other worlds, be pretty stuipid to just say we are the only life form out there.

I think what we all have to look at is, we need to accept that ther eis going to be life out in space and its nothing to be scared of.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
but we already know that extra-terrestrial life exists, here is the proof :p

But on a serious note i do think that there must be some sort of life somewhere out there, Earth cannot be the only life-supporting planet out there

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Hope there is, but hope it's Snickerdoodle! friendly! :eek:

We've yet to discover how big the universe is yet, god knows what we will find in a few decades time.

One interesting thing that I had no idea about, was these meteors/asteroids carrying precious metals etc.

Can see it being a right old rat race if the technology can be created to utilise all that.

But should we even exploit outside of earth?

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
but we already know that extra-terrestrial life exists, here is the proof :p

But on a serious note i do think that there must be some sort of life somewhere out there, Earth cannot be the only life-supporting planet out there
Oh burn it with fire, be for it lays eggs. :eek:
Hope there is, but hope it's Snickerdoodle! friendly! :eek:

We've yet to discover how big the universe is yet, god knows what we will find in a few decades time.

One interesting thing that I had no idea about, was these meteors/asteroids carrying precious metals etc.

Can see it being a right old rat race if the technology can be created to utilise all that.

But should we even exploit outside of earth?
That is a very true valid point, and yours Somer, 1 we cannot be the only living thing in this universe that's jus being self-centred about life. and second, the metals alone is worth more then trillions in our market, and on that fact we would need to either grow our civilization on other planets, or mix our DNA with aliens to grow in manners unimaginable now.

I find what we have observed the last 10 years very interesting and i can assume this is just half of 1% of what we need to learn before we can reach out of our own solar system.

Reactions: Somersetpyro