Happy GFN 2021

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

zephieish

Royal Knight the 2nd
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
Happy GFN / BFN or however you like to say it all!

Came round mega fast it seems.

Hope everyone has a great time, whenever you're firing, stay safe and have an awesome night.

Weather looks good this evening in most parts of the UK, will definitely need gloves tonight though!

Hope everyone's got enough logs for their fire pits :ROFLMAO:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
Happy bonfire night to you all, just done a couple of supermarket selection boxes of fireworks, Standard Inferno and Standard Night Sky and couple of Brightstar wheels and a TNT wheel rounding off with a Evolution Fireworks 17in Gold Sparkler, just thought to myself I'm not staying in tonight alone while everyone else has the fun. Used a brand new Bond Hardware Bruléé Torch to light the fireworks with.

BulletProofMum

ST Typo of the Decade Winner!
Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
Oooohhhhhh that hit the spot. Didn't buy anything this year except sparklers so had to go digging through my box of magic tricks lol. Pulled out 2 little bright star monster boxes and an old weco new fire box (actually better than I remember it being). A few loose roman candles and shot tubes I had lurking too. Plus neighbours on both sides were at it.

Saved a kimbolton gold box though, didn't seem worth it. Oldest two were inside being... well, teenage. And youngest and hubby aren't fussy. I'll save it for when there's someone to appreciate it with :) Used up most of the supermarket stuff I left hanging around. Was fun anyway. Now everything smells vaguely eggy. Yay lol
20211105_153752.jpg

Oh, and my nervous autistic boy thoroughly enjoyed himself. Even got bossy choosing the fireworks one by one, from a tin! Proper old school and really enjoyable :D

IMG-20211105-WA0022.jpg

Last edited:

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
Happy bonfire night to you all, just done a couple of supermarket selection boxes of fireworks, Standard Inferno and Standard Night Sky and couple of Brightstar wheels and a TNT wheel rounding off with a Evolution Fireworks 17in Gold Sparkler, just thought to myself I'm not staying in tonight alone while everyone else has the fun. Used a brand new Bond Hardware Bruléé Torch to light the fireworks with.
Glad you got yourself out for some Ant, no need to miss out on account of the others :)

Were going to s display tomorrow, but lighting a few of your own is just different :)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
Glad you got yourself out for some Ant, no need to miss out on account of the others :)

Were going to s display tomorrow, but lighting a few of your own is just different :)
I've kept my best stuff for a private Bonfire party on Sunday at my mates farm up at Haslingden Lancashire, which was supposed to be tomorrow night but it's had to be changed, because even though it's to be dry after the rain, it's supposed to be quite windy which will cause rockets and roman-candles, shot tubes, barrages and cakes to fly haphazardly and dangerously.

Reactions: BulletProofMum

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
I've kept my best stuff for a private Bonfire party on Sunday at my mates farm up at Haslingden Lancashire, was supposed to be tomorrow night but it's had to changed, because even though it's to be dry after the rain, it's supposed to be quite windy which will cause rockets and roman-candles, shot tubes, barrages and cakes to fly haphazardly
Yeah, wind is always the issue. Too much, it's not safe. Too little.... smoky! Which was a bit of an issue tonight tbh

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

FATKAT24

Baronet the 2nd
Oct 19, 2012
Harrow
Wow what an evening of pyro had some of the neighbours join us in the communal area, lots of oohs and aahs, the highlight of the evening had to be the Mars Ballistic Box, some beautiful effects and damn loud, possibly one of the loudest set of fireworks i've ever had. Only down side was that one of the cakes blew it self to pieces but luckly we had a distance from it so all was ok and no one was hurt. All my rockets are now gone love the sky hunters let off 5 at once and it seemed that 2 blew at once and then the other 2 blew and then the single single piece very nice effect. Now wish I would have got a couple of compounds to close a great night :giggle: .
Hope every had a lovely evening of pyro :giggle:

BulletProofMum

Baronetess
Nov 4, 2017
London
I had a fantastic night apart from a wheel the standard green one which blew up :eek: Fudge Berries! me up hahaha
So many times with the wheels lol. Either fail to spin entirely, fly off somewhere or, as you said, go bang lol. Had a cone fountain bang too a couple years ago. Ears ringing! You just don't think it would be so loud.

Wow what an evening of pyro had some of the neighbours join us in the communal area, lots of oohs and aahs, the highlight of the evening had to be the Mars Ballistic Box, some beautiful effects and damn loud, possibly one of the loudest set of fireworks i've ever had. Only down side was that one of the cakes blew it self to pieces but luckly we had a distance from it so all was ok and no one was hurt. All my rockets are now gone love the sky hunters let off 5 at once and it seemed that 2 blew at once and then the other 2 blew and then the single single piece very nice effect. Now wish I would have got a couple of compounds to close a great night :giggle: .
Hope every had a lovely evening of pyro :giggle:

Glad you had a good evening :) the one neighbour I worry about complaining was out watching so all gooooood :D yay It's nice when the others join in. We took turns with the neighbours tonight. Pretty sure they had the visage box and a plasma attack, which i couldn't get as out of stock. But got to have anyway, compliments of the neighbours, woo!

SilberWirbel

Noble the 3rd
Oct 12, 2016
UK
I was going to have fireworks tomorrow but decided that the weather was better tonight.
Managed to make full use of my 11m garden and finally fired the stuff I postponed last year due to covid.

My favourite was Absolute's Nite Tails cake which looked great and Angel Dust too. Had some Vivid candles and some Lesli stuff that I got from FWC.
I'll probably save most of my selection boxes for out of season as they are harder to get at the moment. (And very expensive!).

Hope everyone else has had a good night :giggle:

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro
Oct 7, 2012
Must have been a crack in the explosive composition for the wheel to explode after a few seconds of spinning.
I've had it set away for 2 years but surely that couldn't have caused it not much knowledgeable in that department but everything else was perfect the roman candles in the standard box were ace as always the one in particular is that mini flash pop one haha

markchambers99

Noble the 1st
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
Hope everyone had a great night and a safe one, also hope anyone who is out there tonight and tomorrow firing enjoy. We had a great time last night. Wasn't expecting much with the stuff i bought but fun was had by all. My little autistic girl loved it more than I could of ever imagined - was expecting her to be nervous but she spent the entire evening screaming at the top of her voice excitedly. Off to a display tonight, then firing a quite substantial amount of leftovers on Sunday. First time I've had a Plasma Attack from Lidl - mighty impressed I was with it.