Good and Affordable Couriers for Fireworks

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Miguelmarshall

Peasant
Sep 13, 2013
I'm putting a shout out to see if you guys know the names of good and affordable courier companies that transport fireworks.

The prices that I've found so far are extortionate and I would really like to offer this service at SIMA for orders of any size.

Maddog

Esquire the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
glasgow
What about delivery by yourselfs at say end of each week or something as I think couriers will be expensive

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Yeah I'm sure hiring vans and getting drivers trained are more cheaper

Maddog

Esquire the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
glasgow
take a judgement call from what ive heard neightfrieght were around £40 per pyro delivery

you think if you have say ten different customers 400 quid right away im sure in the long run delivering yourself probably would be the cheaper option personally i know its the option i would choose

Jan 23, 2013
Not only are firework couriers expensive you have to count yourself lucky if they will even take you on.

Certainly delivering with your own vehicles is a good option but again not cheap. We pay around a £1000 insurance for a transit sized van to cover for the carriage of fireworks, plus you also need to be employing a DGSA and whilst not a legal requirement it is a good idea to have completed a hazardous goods course for management.

You can then reckon around £50 to £100 a day in diesel plus the drivers wages. However if you have several deliveries or even just a couple of large deliveries it can work out cheaper. The most frustrating part of it though is for instance; having just done a South Wales run where we had a van delivering in that area all day; we get back to base only for an order to come in for an order to Swansea.

The main problem is obviously having so much business concentrated in to such a short period of time.

Miguelmarshall

Peasant
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks everyone for the advice and possible solutions. We don't have enough orders online at the moment to justify our own drivers doing runs across the UK, especially for this short period of time. We already ship lots of products with couriers but they aren't willing to take Hazardous Goods.

We can send through our suppliers but only very large trade orders.

We do have the licence to sell fireworks all year round, if business picks up I think the best option is to use our own drivers and organise it ourselves.