General mood for this year

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Maddog

Esquire the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
glasgow
With covid impacting everyone world wide how are people feeling for this season

Not in terms of cost but just with lockdown job losses general mood are you celebrating this year with same quality less more or not at all

Generally i dont think ill have the same funds as last year but hoping to celebrate it and put behjnd one of the most unfortunate years in my memory at least thanks to covid

Hope we can all bum together and celebrate this season with pride and not let this disease bring us down but interested in folks thoughts this year

markchambers99

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
We knew at the back end of last year we were going to have a less happy time of it this year, as my partners grandparents were ill and we had to postpone our celebrations by a week, and even then it was dumbed down. Half the stuff we purchased is still in storage. Me and the other half's gran always went half's on the bigger fireworks we could fire.

Sadly nature took its course in March and April and both grandparents passed away within 3 weeks of each other.

Then came lock down and all the goodies that were part of that, and it made for a fairly rotten 2020.

In the summer, after 2 years of appointments and home visits, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with autism. Just as this diagnosis came through, my son has now started all the assessments for autism, so that's another long road ahead, even longer thanks to covid.

Now, the doom and gloom appears to be lifting somewhat and we up here are starting to plan for the end of the year. The house her grandparents owned remains in the family, and we will continue to have our annual fireworks party, although this year it will be tinged with a bit sadness.

Nevertheless, I look forward, as will all of yous I am sure, to the days when supermarkets etc release their leaflets to see what extras can be bought. Personally I am hoping the range have the barrage pack in the early bird offer again as they did last year as this impressed us all.

Apologies for the long winded reply.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Pyrobrummie
Sep 27, 2019
earth
JTF are selling the barrage pack at £60, and last year there was a leaflet that knocked off £20 on a purchase.

If it was a good seller for The Range hope they can offer it again or maybe a little cheaper than it's normal price. Because maybe they already decided on the offer's for this year.

Mood for this year people have there lows and highs, so expect a low but try to make the highs.

SilberWirbel

Noble the 1st
Oct 12, 2016
UK
Sorry to hear about your tough year Mark, hope things look brighter going forward.

I'll be having fireworks as normal in the garden, perhaps a bit more than recent years.

Reactions: markchambers99

markchambers99

Peasant the 2nd
Nov 3, 2015
Stanley, Co. Durham
Sorry to hear about your tough year Mark, hope things look brighter going forward.

I'll be having fireworks as normal in the garden, perhaps a bit more than recent years.
Thanks. The mood seems to be more positive now time is passing.

Once the summer 6 week break is over and my little darlings all return to education, all things autumn and winter take over.

Hopefully with the way life has been over the last few months, we will see more families getting together and enjoying a family evening setting fireworks off, like things used to be. I love a big display but nothing beats a family get together on the big night.

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro