Gemstone fireworks selection boxes

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Chris619

Peasant
Nov 3, 2016
Stoke on Trent
Has anyone fired any of these gemstone fireworks selection boxes just picked up the ruby selection box and looks great with a couple of nice cakes inside really considering getting the diamond selection box that has a fair few cakes inside and looks a great selection box F527CB7D-4022-4880-83B7-38F0E4AC9201.jpeg

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
They do look great on the shelf , i bought a topaz and the Opal was getting more tempting every look.
On looking at the topaz , nec was quoted at 1740 g which was incorrect as i doubt the whole box weighed that much .
The fountains are quite low nec and so are the rockets. There are 2 55g cakes in it and as a box has everything you could want though first impressions were not great , i will do an unboxing of it.
Of course , low nec fountains doesn't mean bad , often higher nec ones are full of crackling which i hate .

Himesh

Peasant the 2nd
Oct 3, 2018
Leicester
Bought the Sapphire box today. £37.50. doesn't look as impressive to me as the Party Box I usually buy, but I'm by no means an expert.

Disappointed only one Roman candle in it and no Catherine wheel.

The NEC quoted on the side of the box is very misleading. The NEC content when added up is not even half that advertised. That really Pi*sed me off as I bought it based on that.

Anyway see how it goes.

The chap I'm the store said it was a good box.

Attachments

Reactions: AnthonyUKpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Gemstone have replied to a thread on UKFR where the selection box error was brought up, with the following

Hi Everyone

Yes you are all quite correct, while the weights on the individual products inside are quite correct as far as we can see, this year the weight on the selection box is much greater than the actual weight. The weight printed on the largest selection box is that of a very large firework - a cat 3 compound! This was a printing error at source and there was no intention at all of misleading the consumer.

We hope that everyone using our boxes will enjoy them and find they compare favourably with others, your feedback is much appreciated.
Seems like an honest mistake, and they've been upfront with that which is fair play IMO. I expect someone at their supplier will have had a tricky phone call in the week!