• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Absolute Fireworks Garden Bag

AnthonyUKpyro

Wizard the 4th
They don't look shabby, but the proof of the pyro as you rightly say, is in the performance.....and that counts for an awful lot in pyro these days ;)

You can have all the flashy labels and graphics you like to grab a firework lover's attention but if the end result performannce is anything but enjoyable and it's weak and floppy, you feel sort of ripped off...

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
Even if it isn't so great, pyro is pyro ;) tbh i've only ever been genuinely disappointed by one firework product which was of course the Monster box from Asda last year... Even their rockets were pleasantly not too bad lol

Is that because of the price? If you had been given the box for nothing would it have been a disappointment? I think all fireworks become good at a certain price. Like I said in video I would have been disappointed at the normal price but I'm willing to try it out at the offer price, and who knows we may all enjoy. The fountains and candles will be fine it's just the cakes you have to worry over. But I've got some star ones to follow the bag so not too worried.

AnthonyUKpyro

Wizard the 4th
Even if it isn't so great, pyro is pyro ;) tbh i've only ever been genuinely disappointed by one firework product which was of course the Monster box from Asda last year... Even their rockets were pleasantly not too bad lol
But it's gotta be good though, Absolute / Taipan is not a cheap brand by any means, and when you are paying good money for decent brands of fireworks, they, at the very least, should be good. If they start watering down the performance to unbelievable levels and charge the same extortionate high prices, then that would be enough to make me vote with my feet and go elsewhere for decent value for money fireworks - reputation is earned when it comes to fireworks, and if you break it, you can say goodbye to your sales...

True that's why I'm hopeful still. I've fired Absolute before and the cakes have been amazing (Minion, Manta, Breakout) so I'll take the contents with a pinch of salt and see what the product looks like once I've lit them. You may have to wait a while till then though lol.

Somersetpyro

Sovereign the 7th
@Jezzadw it's definitely because of the price. Had it been a fiver I'd have been happy with it. Unfortunately money is such a big factor these days, if I'm paying a premium price I either want premium quality or lots of quantity depending on what it is I'm getting

As you say about this pack though, AF is a quality brand usually, I've fired a number of their cakes. There's no reason why this pack can't also be quality :)