Front Garden Christmas Show

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Well TBH im a bit weary to add lights to our front garden with our recent 3 solar lights getting stolen. But if i do i will be placing lights on drain pipe, although i still need to find hooks to keep the lights in place.

i was going to get the net-lights for both our bushes, But like i said im going to seriously think before im putting them out, i may be able to find a way of keeping them secure.

Who else has started there Christmas decoration planning?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
No planning as of yet, but a solution to your problem may be a dri-box, you can lock them so there is no access unless you have the key, and christmas lights are pretty hopeless without the plug

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
yes interesting as if i do this there will be plenty of plugs to waterproof, I just uselessly just shed door to keep things secure. But this year, i will look into the dri-box. Knowing my luck Somer i will have the thief's who are electricians they would try anything.

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
lol, you'd be pretty unlucky if they were.
We've had the boxes for a few years, and they've never had an issue with security. Best thing to do is hide them in a not prominant place, behind a bush or in a corner perhaps

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
lol, you'd be pretty unlucky if they were.
We've had the boxes for a few years, and they've never had an issue with security. Best thing to do is hide them in a not prominant place, behind a bush or in a corner perhaps
yeah i have plenty of places to hide.. I will get to buying one of these asap. :)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
I cant wait already got a few ideas, ours is deffinitly going to look the best and brightest in the street ;) Got all the lights from the sales in Janauary to add to my collection, so these will replace a couple of the older sets, plus there will be loads more to go round.

Il probably start planning as the nights start drawing in again, probably first thoughts around October then full plan after BFN.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Yours looked great last year dan, we're expecting a big show this time around ;):D
Ah thanks!

I dont want to go too over the top, thats why Im going to try and plan out properly where lights will go/ replace some of the old sets. Think it will look nice though with just white lights all round and no other colours ;)

Cant wait, keeping my eyes open for a second dribox offer too.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Link to last years pics: Post Your Christmas Decoration Pics | Page 2 | Seasonal Forum

Im planning on removing the "warm white" type lights to replace them with the bright/ ice white types, and also the blue icicles at the side will be white ice too hopefully!

Hoping to do the thing at the side of the house with lights and baubles again, I was really impressed with how it turned out, something a little different but really did look good.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
sounds good dan :)

I think we'll be going for pretty much the same as last year, funds are a bit tight this year so we probably won't e buying many new ones

Reactions: Dan12

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
sounds good dan :)

I think we'll be going for pretty much the same as last year, funds are a bit tight this year so we probably won't e buying many new ones
Yours looked really good last year so will still look fantastic again!

I doubt we will be purchasing much this year, theres not really any need, although im sure we will end up with a couple of new bits!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton

I doubt we will be purchasing much this year, theres not really any need, although im sure we will end up with a couple of new bits!
It's always the way, you say you won't get anything and then you see something (or more) that catches your eye and you just have to have it ;)

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Yours looked really good last year so will still look fantastic again!

It's always the way, you say you won't get anything and then you see something (or more) that catches your eye and you just have to have it ;)
Without a doubt i will be adding more lights to the garden, maybe net lights for 2 bushes and the drainpipe lights.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Without a doubt i will be adding more lights to the garden, maybe net lights for 2 bushes and the drainpipe lights.
Yeah will look nice :)

Think I ended up with about 5 boxes of those 200 sets of white leds from b&m when then went right down to just £2.50ish a box in the end haha!

Edit just looked at last years posts as I honestly couldnt remember exactly what I bought but it looks like i have a load of lights, lots of gutter hooks, cards little bits of decorations! I remember buying loads of cheap bits in the wilkos lol!
Cant wait to take out the boxes we packed away and see whats there, have to wait until after bonfire night for that tho (If I can resist!!):rudolf:teehee