Fixing Christmas Lights To Gutter Drainpipe

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
As the title suggest this will discuss of ways and means of fixing lights to the gutter drainpipe.

Personally, i am unsure weather to free the wire around the pipe, or have some adhesive small hooks place behind it to hold them up.

Thoughts and suggestions and your personal experience is wanted in here :) so we all can learn off each other.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
As the title suggest this will discuss of ways and means of fixing lights to the gutter drainpipe.

Personally, i am unsure weather to free the wire around the pipe, or have some adhesive small hooks place behind it to hold them up.

Thoughts and suggestions and your personal experience is wanted in here :) so we all can learn off each other.
I picked up some adhesive hooks last year, they worked great and are really easy to remove and dont leave any mess.

Like these: 3M Command Decorating Clips Hooks Self-Adhesive Damage-Free hanging cable/wire | eBay

Il be attaching icicles etc above windows (bay) and will use these to attach to frames.

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
I was looking at the hooks, I just might buy them to be on the safe side.
They are really good. Never had them before last year but they really do work. I used them around the house too, on painted walls, painted wood etc and there was no damage.

Im debating how im going to attach the lights to the fencing in the garden but I may just use nails/ pins for that.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
They are really good. Never had them before last year but they really do work. I used them around the house too, on painted walls, painted wood etc and there was no damage.

Im debating how im going to attach the lights to the fencing in the garden but I may just use nails/ pins for that.
Funny you say that because i was looking up hooks earlier and i found a few decking and fencing

So wrong link posted: Here is the new one. Amazon.co.uk: christmas lights hooks: Kitchen & Home

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
to attach to guttering we always used gutter hooks, but now the guttering is too high so we don't have any lights on it

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
to attach to guttering we always used gutter hooks, but now the guttering is too high so we don't have any lights on it
I dont think we will be having any on our rooftop gutters, ares are really high too and Im not a big fan of heights on ladders and neither is anyone else in the family haha.

But our front garden will be filled with lights and our icicles will hang around the top of the windows and porch :)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
we'll have the icicles on the porch, though we may try and put a rope light up on the top gutter, we'll have to see

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
Incey wincey spider climbed up the water spout, down can Gaz with lights and squashed the spider flat..

Sorry felt like being random

joanne

Peasant the 1st
Oct 13, 2013
Would love some light on my gutters in fact I have had the lights for 5 year it's just the fact I wont go high on a ladder at all. This year I have got hold of some gutter hooks this you use a pole to put up. If that wont work I can always ask my nephew he would be silly enough to go up :oops: