First Royal Party, Now Magnum!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Magnum stuff was fantastic in every way and excelled in all it's product range no matter what you bought;wonder what caused it's demise? :(

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Magnum stuff was fantastic in every way and excelled in all it's product range no matter what you bought;wonder what caused it's demise? :(
Word on @Gaz's favourite website ;) is that they had no choice but to close, possibly because they had problems with delivering product to retailers? other than that i have no idea, but whatever it was, they are a big loss from the market

Reactions: gaz

Neil...

Peasant the 2nd
Jul 28, 2016
Blackpool
My take on this is that retailers had issues with Magnum's deliveries and pricing, which resulted in some retailers not stocking their products, which then resulted in a lack of outlets for them.
However, I was told by Mr Magnum, that there was another problem (which I feel I need not go into) with an unpaid debt to Magnum which caused the shut down.

Either way, it is a shame, but these things tend to happen in the world of pyro unfortunately.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Its sad to see another one go and must be awful for all involved.

However there seems to have been quite a few new companies appearing the last couple of years so all is not lost.

The only item of Magnum I had was Criss Cross which was a decent cake, but if im honest it was much for much the same as Celtics version which if I remember correctly was almost half the price.