Fireworks petition email

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
I got one this email this morning, saw on the other forum about it as well. So what you guys think? I got mine in the junk mail, if you are thinking of looking for it.

Absolute load of Sh1t:

Lots of people have told us fireworks are a problem - what do you think?
  • I believe any problems are rare
  • I think that fireworks are risky, but that's ok

Lot's of people? Aka those who don't like fireworks? That's personal tastes. "problem" implies they cause an issue to others? Just like cats sh11ting on my lawn. Dogs barking all day.

Problems are rare or risky but ok? Where's the "fireworks are perfectly safe and there's no issue" option?

The anti pyro brigade will always select the worst option regardless of how it actually affects or bothers them.

Pyrobrummie

Baronet the 3rd
I've filled it in and feel as though I have raised some fair points I just hope that the 'person' at the other end listens or should I say is open to listening and not deaf when pro firework points of view are raised.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
I actually put a couple of points in about police better enforcing the out of season 11pm curfew which is broken frequently by ethnic minorities residents in my area setting them off after 11pm and no action is taken against them at all, and better police enforcement of the illegality of under 18s setting them off in public places they are not supposed to set them off in.

1) Ant, has good a point. But a lot of those who have the say simply dont care, sadly.

2) A lot of non UK citizens couldn't give a stuff about laws.

If lots of us were sent overseas where mortars are legal, many would blast them off without looking at rules and regs. Although different in many ways, a lot of the eastern immigrants either dont know the laws or don't care. Either answer, it's more anti pyro stuff.

3) Coppers will never police better. Knife crime in London? Much easier to ban or blame it on fireworks as recent police chief's have done. The worst part is a lot of them don't even know a banger is banned, yet they still refer to "kids with bangers".

4) What enforcement? Parent buys fireworks, kids nab them. "I will just nab dads £60 cake for fun". It isn't the old days where a banger from a tin would't go amiss.

With that being said, I think both sides fabricate it all.

The anti pyro who no matter what, hate fireworks. Will fabricate and use any evidence against fireworks.
Then there's the pro pyro who try and excuse the behaviour of the few or come up with justification..... "It's kids", etc.

There will never be any agreement, compromise or anything like that.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 1st
1) Ant, has good a point. But a lot of those who have the say simply dont care, sadly.

2) A lot of non UK citizens couldn't give a stuff about laws.

If lots of us were sent overseas where mortars are legal, many would blast them off without looking at rules and regs. Although different in many ways, a lot of the eastern immigrants either dont know the laws or don't care. Either answer, it's more anti pyro stuff.

3) Coppers will never police better. Knife crime in London? Much easier to ban or blame it on fireworks as recent police chief's have done. The worst part is a lot of them don't even know a banger is banned, yet they still refer to "kids with bangers".

4) What enforcement? Parent buys fireworks, kids nab them. "I will just nab dads £60 cake for fun". It isn't the old days where a banger from a tin would't go amiss.

With that being said, I think both sides fabricate it all.

The anti pyro who no matter what, hate fireworks. Will fabricate and use any evidence against fireworks.
Then there's the pro pyro who try and excuse the behaviour of the few or come up with justification..... "It's kids", etc.

There will never be any agreement, compromise or anything like that.
Well if people don't abide by the rules regarding late night firework use and police flatly refuse to deal with underage misuse of fireworks the powers that be will decide 'enough is enough' and before long fireworks for public sale / use will be banned and I don't buy your outlandish theory at all of kids nicking the largest of the family fireworks to use in an antisocial nuisance way.

Maxywell

Peasant the 1st
I've had a proper read through historical select committee inquiries and from what i can see only 8 of the 68 up to 2017 directly resulted in any changes to the law.They also take an age with the average time between an inquiry being launched and the report being published at around 2 and a half years then the gov get another 2 months to respond and that's before the regulatory impact assessment that they have to carry out if they plan on changing anything which would likely add another 6 months.Even if this is quicker than average i really can't see any changes coming into effect until at least 2021.

It almost certainly won't be any time soon that's for sure, particularly as we really have more important things to think about as a nation right now lol. I'd be surprised if this government change the law at all, although I reckon a Labour government might well be a bit more trigger happy when it comes to a full ban. Only time will tell I guess