Fireworks Code Additions

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Buy Fireworks From Our Sponsors!

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
So in @AnthonyUKpyro's thread, it's clear that the code could benefit to being added to, but what rules should be added to it? Bear in mind though, the code is aimed more at first time users/supermarket pyro users, not seasoned users like most on here. Post the rules below, and we could get an ST Fireworks Code with the additional rules as well as current ones :)

Reactions: gaz

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
I think there should be a section stating how to use each type of firework e.g. "do not stick rockets in the ground, use provided launcher" and "ensure wheels are secured and free to spin". I regularly hear of inexperienced people using the stick of a rocket to secure it to the ground believing that the head is just a tube that fires a shell/ shot out of the top like a shot tube. I also hear people calling shot cakes boxes of rockets so I think it needs to be clear on what each firework is and does.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
Even though that does sound very obvious to my mind, there are some mighty stupid people around :p
As i've said though, it is aimed at people who may have never used them before, so i think we can add that one

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 4th
Feb 13, 2013
ONLY choose fireworks of a suitable size and type for your particular location. Most back gardens are only really suitable for BS7114 category 2 5 metre garden class fireworks and smaller BS-EN14035 category 2 8 metre garden class fireworks-things like RP Little Stars and the Magnum Series/Absolute/RP etc Cat 2 8m selection boxes/8m rocket packs/8m wheels/8m mines/8m fountains/8m roman candles/small 5m and 8m cakes and most BS7114 Category 2 classification 5 metre garden fireworks are perfectly OK for this purpose.

ONLY IN A VERY FEW CIRCUMSTANCES, are some gardens suitable for the use of the much bigger BS-EN14035 Cat 2 8m garden class fireworks, BS-EN14035 Cat 2 15m garden class fireworks, and BS7114/European Standard Category 3 15m/25m display class fireworks.

NEVER attempt to use the bigger EC 8m/15m category 2 fireworks and larger EC/BS7114 category 3 15m/25m fireworks in a back garden if you don't have the space to use and enjoy them safely. Far better to stick to smaller items if this is the case;the watchword here is spectator safety, nobody is gonna thank you for a burn or an injury if a Cat 2 15m cake at 8 metres drops a piece of burning debris down somebody's neck because you didn't follow the manufacturer's safety distances for the firework concerned. If in doubt ask for advice when you buy your fireworks from the retailer-they will usually be happy to help and advise accordingly. ;)

Last edited:

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Cardiff
ant, this type of post needs to be in the additions thread, not here. Also, please not too much bold and underlined text, it isn't a shout fest
i'll see about having it moved to the other thread :)