Fireworks And Fog

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
As the weather this week looks a bit dodgy for most of us, just remember that smoke from fireworks and fog can mix to form a very thick 'smog' which can cause major problems if you live near a main road or similar. If there is fog in your area when you do your display, and you live near a main road, it might be worth postponing your display for an hour or 2, so the fog can clear. As we saw in 2011, the authorities can be quick to jump to conclusions if fog/smog is in the area of a fireworks display and there is a road accident or other problem.

Hopefully there will be no fog and the weather will be kind, but if there is, just take care when firing, and if smog does build up, take a break for a few minutes to allow it to clear :) be safe and enjoy your displays
:splode:

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Breezy and dry if cloudy in Lancashire on Thursday November 5, should clear any smoke ;) a bit of breeze is good too

Oct 13, 2012
They concluded that it wasn't his fault. As he contacted the Highways agency, Fire brigade and other relevant people who all gave no objection. It was not a reasonable or every day consideration for a display organiser to make. The firework smoke was also only regarded as a contributory factor and not essentially the main cause of the crash.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
They concluded that it wasn't his fault. As he contacted the Highways agency, Fire brigade and other relevant people who all gave no objection. It was not a reasonable or every day consideration for a display organiser to make. The firework smoke was also only regarded as a contributory factor and not essentially the main cause of the crash.
Very true. The HSE fire service etc also concluded that nobody was to blame at all in the end ;)

Reactions: Pyrotechnic

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Its been bad here since early Sunday morning, seems to have eventually cleared this morning though, hopefully it stays that way.

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Bad both down south where I spent the last few days and in the midlands area where I live.

Surprised with what I saw down south. Some youngish chavs launching war Hawks 1 night on a green in the area I stayed then the next night they were launching more... Some twin burst rockets with quite decent bursts.

Reactions: Fireworkj

Fireworkj

Noble the 2nd
Oct 24, 2014
Yeah I was walking my dog last night in local woods and there like a small park with swings and slide and football pitch and was few teenagers with fireworks, had some loud rockets but didn't recognise them, big burst of green and red

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
yes it was dropped, but only after a £1million trial, lasting years, and god knows how much stress to the guy. My point is we don't want a repeat of that kind of thing again in this weather.

Reactions: Pyrotechnic