Firework Warehouse Fire In Stafford!

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now
Oct 16, 2013
Swansea
Reactions: gaz

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
This is awful news. Hope the missing person is found and is well :(

Oct 13, 2012
They've arrested someone so I assume they're not counting on it being accidental.

Hope everyone is found alive and well.

Oct 16, 2013
Swansea
The latest ----------------------

"Fireworks factory 'met all safety checks'
A factory which was hit by a blaze met all safety requirements for the storage of fireworks, the local council has said.

SP Fireworks in Stafford had been registered to sell fireworks for the last four years during which there had been no safety issues, Staffordshire County Council said.

Trading standards inspected the premises on Tilcon Avenue last month and it met all safety requirements for the storage of fireworks.

A 53-year-old has been arrested in connection with the blaze, the cause of which is still being investigated. Two people remain unaccounted for while two men were taken to hospital."

Reactions: gaz

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
i saw this on the news in london yesterday, a real shame and i hope anyone involved is ok.
On another note, i didn't know anyone was arrested, if this was arson then the person responsible needs to be thrown in prison and the judge needs to shove the key up his Sugar!

Oct 16, 2013
Swansea
UPDATE:

Families pay tribute to two men killed in firework factory blaze
The two men killed in a blaze at a fireworks factory in Stafford, have been named.

The family of Stewart Staples,said they are "totally shocked and devastated" at the loss of the "devoted and much loved family man".

The family of Simon Hillier, said they are "resigned to the fact that we will not see Simon again" and will "miss him dearly".

So sad RIP Stewart and Simon

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
your mum loves it hell, that makes it worse, it better not have been arson, one hopes it was just a tragic accident
my thoughts go out to the families, RIP :(

Reactions: AHLAD