Firecrackers On Amazon - Legal As Collectors Items?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

KNO3kid

Peasant the 1st
Oct 8, 2014
I've seen a lot of firecrackers on Amazon In the past week.

Are these legal as collectors items or stage pyrotechnics?

Link: ARDI - 4 Pétards Démon Big-Bang (K2):Amazon.co.uk:Sports & Outdoors (Admin edit. We do not allow direct link to unofficial fireworks.)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
as the label and page title are not in english i'd think that they'd been uploaded to amazon from Poland or Germany maybe, not from the UK. I'd say that they're not legal if they are from poland or elsewhere in Europe as there will be no tax paid on them here, they won't have gone through any testing, and also don't forget that you can't just send firecrackers in the post or by Airmail

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Well i wouldn't buy unless if from a store in the UK. I urge people to be very careful..

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
In theory, you could purchase these and they would be placed onto a plane with normal letters and parcels, but you could be endangering the lives of the people on board if anything was to happen...

Bottom line is they're not allowed in the UK, you can, as far as I am aware legally obtain bangers for collectors purposes from sources within the UK from other collectors for example.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Headquarters in France, as @zephieish said you just don't know what they'll do with them, all explosives have to be shipped not airmail, and they all have to have Duty paid. They most likely won't do that

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
We love all sorts of fireworks, and it is a shame we cannot get hold of certain items, but it's not in the forums best interests to allow links to sites/sellers offering to post restricted items etc.

Doesn't stop us talking about them though or sharing collections, if you have any @KNO3kid ?

Please do post them up :D

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2012
swansea
On a similar note ,there are class 1 fireworks on sale on a well known site ,from a seller in Germany . They say post worldwide ,other than a handful of countries. A few months back there was another German seller ,selling a very similar item.
The current item is described in 1 part , (party poppers).
Has anybody ordered these recently ? They must be ok to ship as it is quite obvious what they are ,,class 1 fireworks , the same as ice fountains, and they do say ship worldwide and they have been on the site a good while.
Does anybody think it would be wrong to order these?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Tbh i'd stay away from any fireworks, even cat 1 stuff like party poppers, ice fountains etc where the seller is not UK based, you just don't know what kind of testing they've been through and whether they're up to UK standards. Even party poppers could cause burns to the hand if they were of substandard quality and safety. I just don't think it's worth a risk with any of it, even cat 1

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
They are not party poppers, they are kids fireworks ,suitable for 12 year olds .
Anyway , few months back I couldn't resist ordering them when I saw them . They arrived ok . they are all ce marked and seem well made . I think though that the ones I had were slightly different to the one advertised , just a couple of items different.
I understand about the safety issue , but is it illegal for a cat 1 product to be shipped ,by air or train or whatever transport they use ,when the seller is clearly selling such product to be sold worldwide.
They are nothing special ,fun snaps ,mini fountains, spinners and crackle balls made by weco.
I filmed the stuff months back, and was gonna release the vid soon ,and put it up on the forum ,but if its a problem I wont post it on here .

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
the video is up to @Gaz or @Rich to decide on, but i'd still be cautious. I'm under the impression that all fireworks, whatever category have to be shipped by sea in marked boxes? Also, just because they're CE marked, doesn't mean they've gone through the more stringent testing to come to the UK, nor does it mean that all the contents are legal here.

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
I think we will just leave it down to discussion and leave off the video :)

Oct 13, 2012
swansea
it seems that all fireworks ,even sparklers are banned from the post ,so I assume they are using some kind of courier.
I havnt even put the vid together yet ,I have been debating for a while now whether even to publish it, coz I know I will get ,where did you get these from and whatever. Perhaps I should publish it and que sera sera . .

triple burst

Peasant the 2nd
Apr 28, 2014
If anyone orders any pyro related item from europe you need an importers licence and the pyro needs testing by hse.Bangers and firecrackers are banned in the uk and if you got caught trying to get them in by post that is a serious nicking. Try buying from a vintage seller but that would mean picking up if they are live. Sorry to sound like a spoilsport but that is the law and if it could be done legally i am all for it as i grew up with bangers and airbombs but on a good note the pyro thats out now is stunning and you need to shop around for the pick of the brands . If you are serious about bangers or firecrackers you should consider getting involved with a display company .:)

Reactions: gaz