Facecoverings in shops - will this become compulsory at bonfires and fireworks displays too this year?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
A lot of people been saying unless you're wearing either a gas mask or a medical grade face mask, all these other face garments are useless.
And they're 100% wrong. A cloth face mask will stop you projecting your droplets of possibly infected saliva all over everyone else. This is what it's about, it won't stop you catching it, but if everyone wears one then no one can give it to anyone

Sep 27, 2019
earth

Think the only one they show is a surgical mask, not one of those n95 mask's and it still leaks through.

Nice to note in wales the face garment need's to be 3 layers thick.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
As the exemption, it cause me distress, still means people don't need to wear a mask, so therefore the police cant fine you.

I can see some idiots on both sides eg shop worker stating it's law to wear a mask and getting excited, and general public that say's it cause's me distress and getting excited.

Then police turns up, as long as the people who know the distress part then you wont can be fined. Might be told to find a different shop.

But then other side of the problem is where shop workers are exempt and people have a excited conversation inside the shop.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
That's the part of the civil law (If police are there) if people remain calm and state they are exempt because of exemption rules they will be allowed in.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
The law state's as it is written a shop owner can refuse entry, the law also states you're allowed in if you state you have an exemption.

Also in the guidelines for this civil law it does not state any organization which can hand out exemption cards.

With this under proper criminal law a person does not need to give personnel details under the Privacy Act, and under the Disability Act nobody can ask for details.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019
earth
Also under criminal law a police officer cant ask you for your disability or ask your doctor(at all under the Data protection Act), and details unless your under arrest under under the Privacy Act.

Sep 27, 2019
earth
If a member of the public was in a shop and decided to have a drink of water, what will be the response?

Because under the rules you're allowed. For health concerns.

Sainsbury and CSA response is legit.

Sep 14, 2018
Cumbria
Theme parks are interesting, cos of course, as private establishments, they're entitled to enforce rules they see fit. I was at Alton Towers last week, where you have to wear a mask on some of the rides, but not in the grounds. Which i complied with, and tbf it didn't detract from the experience in any way. I would never choose to wear a mask outside, but if that's the rules then so be it, if i don't like it then i'm not obliged to go there :) It would be the same with any bonfire events. If they want to enforce such a rule, that's their choice, and if people don't like such a rule then they can go to an event that doesn't have it, or they can use pyro at home

All this naturally excludes people with disabilities, which is fair enough if it'll cause them significant breathing issues
You guys dont know this but I'm a themepark enthusiast and the reason for masks on rides is due to the restraints. Because your close to the restraint and could easily spread germs from your mouth or nose onto the restraint for then someone else to use after and catch them germs. If masks where not incisted then rides would have to be deep cleaned after every dispatch slowing the throughputs right down resulting in even longer ques:)

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
You guys dont know this but I'm a themepark enthusiast and the reason for masks on rides is due to the restraints. Because your close to the restraint and could easily spread germs from your mouth or nose onto the restraint for then someone else to use after and catch them germs. If masks where not incisted then rides would have to be deep cleaned after every dispatch slowing the throughputs right down resulting in even longer ques:)
That makes a whole lot of sense, particularly with over-the-shoulder restraints. Tbh having been to both Chessington and Alton Towers in the last month, aearing a mask really doesn't detract from the ride at all
What do you work as. Is it in doors/ requiring a mask
I'm a manager at a retail business. So I don't have to wear a mask legally, however my companies policy is for us to wear one whilst doing tasks on the shop floor

Sep 27, 2019
earth
Pythagoras in the 6th century bc was one of the first to believe the world was spherical, you do know once or twice in the history of this planet it was once a snowball.

Never knew spaghetti grew on tree's, learn something new every day. :giggle::giggle:

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019
earth
Acorn flour pasta gluten free I guess.