Epic 3" Mines

Did anyone buy/use these this year?
Looking at the vids they look pretty poor with no breaks, but the colours do look good.
Are they worth £10 each? same price as Brothers mines (which have breaks) and quite a bit more than 3 finger jacks.

jps24

Noble the 1st
They are absolutely brilliant, i actually prefer them to mines with breaks. They go go incredibly high and look really proffessional, definatley worth the money :)

PyroJack

Peasant the 2nd
There Impressive mines used 3 this year in my Cat3 display. But I could not judge them against Brothers mines as I have not used them yet. You will fined a video in the post called CAT3 fireworks display I posted at the end of October on the forum. I didn't use the best effects because when I ordered them I forgot to choose which effect, so I was got what I was given which was crackling mine & Silver wave mine. Probably the least impressive of all of them, but the audiences reaction was still good!

jps24 said:
They are absolutely brilliant, i actually prefer them to mines with breaks. They go go incredibly high and look really proffessional, definatley worth the money :)
They do look like they get some height.
But the Brothers mines, especially Diamond, reach a decent height too with a nice crackling silver glitter.
Main reason i like the breaks is that the audience usually are not expecting it.
The mine lift takes them by surprise and then the slight delay before the breaks surprises them again.

Only thing i can see going for the Epic mines is theres no screech or fountain at the begging, just straight to the business end (as far as i can tell from the vid) like you say, almost a proffesional mine.

PyroJack

Peasant the 2nd
Square Fireworks said:
jps24 said:
But the Brothers mines, especially Diamond, reach a decent height too with a nice crackling silver glitter.
Main reason i like the breaks is that the audience usually are not expecting it.
The mine lift takes them by surprise and then the slight delay before the breaks surprises them again.

Only thing i can see going for the Epic mines is theres no screech or fountain at the begging, just straight to the business end (as far as i can tell from the vid) like you say, almost a proffesional mine.
Yeah correct, the fuse leads straight to the mine, so there's no fountain & the begging, which I prefer. Also yeah there like Cat 4 mines but as you could probably guess a 3" mine from epic is smaller than a cat4 3" mine and its the same with the 4". This also surprises the audience 1: There is no fountain it just goes straight into a mine so again no one is expecting it 2: The mines are very large compared to the ones you would fined from a selection box, which I'm taking a guess here, but that's what your audience are probably used to, so the whole show will probably look cat 4 to them. So its up to you, both epic & brothers mine are impressive!
:shy:

jps24

Noble the 1st
PyroJack said:
Square Fireworks said:
jps24 said:

Yeah correct, the fuse leads straight to the mine, so there's no fountain & the begging, which I prefer. Also yeah there like Cat 4 mines but as you could probably guess a 3" mine from epic is smaller than a cat4 3" mine and its the same with the 4". This also surprises the audience 1: There is no fountain it just goes straight into a mine so again no one is expecting it 2: The mines are very large compared to the ones you would fined from a selection box, which I'm taking a guess here, but that's what your audience are probably used to, so the whole show will probably look cat 4 to them. So its up to you, both epic & brothers mine are impressive!
Haha now theyve seen these, my audience would lynch me if i used anything else!

PyroJack

Peasant the 2nd
jps24 said:
PyroJack said:
Square Fireworks said:
jps24 said:

Haha now theyve seen these, my audience would lynch me if i used anything else!

Hahaha same here, now I have set the standard of big Cat3 fireworks.

Si7

Noble the 3rd
Looking at the video (haven't fired one myself) doesn't look majorly good, bit pricey too? Latif's 65mm 1.3G £2 mines are monsterous, ground shaking lift, blinding upwards spray culminating in a tremendous multiple airborne shell burst, all for £2.. Let's keep driving the prices down guys :)

Si7 said:
Looking at the video (haven't fired one myself) doesn't look majorly good, bit pricey too? Latif's 65mm 1.3G £2 mines are monsterous, ground shaking lift, blinding upwards spray culminating in a tremendous multiple airborne shell burst, all for £2.. Let's keep driving the prices down guys :)
Nice find Si7, thats more like the price mines should be.
Epic do what i thought were cheap mines with the Moon Boom, £2 for a pack of 2. But you have just blown them out of the water.