Early Plans For Bfn 2016

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey,

Its still early but do any of you have any idea of what you will be doing this year around Bonfire night?
With it being a Saturday this year it may change plans? people might have a big party? who knows.

For me this year early plans look as though I may be going to our council display due to plans released a couple of weeks ago;
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/what...ve-firework-celebration-river-mersey-11571345

It looks like it could be amazing! While i see it slightly as a way of the council saving money (there used to be two park displays in liverpool and numerous ones in the wirral) it could mean that there is still savings to be made but a much bigger budget for the pyro. And our waterfront is the perfect place for in in my slightly biased opinion ha.

But that asside, still undecided on wether to hold our display after we return from the council one or do it on the friday or sunday night? or make a weekend of it and fire friday night, with a loud short display on the saturday night?

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
We'll be doing our display on either the Friday or Saturday, depending on when various family members who watch are available. I might go to an organised display as well, just depends on when they happen and which ones overlap each other :)

Reactions: Alexs21

Rich

Esquire the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
Kent
I'll be doing a display perhaps at a school for autistic children so we will use it as a fund raiser for them.

However this is unlikely to be on the 5/11 as I'd imagine I'll be firing for jubilee on that day.

Reactions: Alexs21 and Dan12

FireworksDude86

Noble the 3rd
Dec 23, 2014
Probably not much unfortunately. A combination of saving up and this area means I would have a minimal budget for fireworks (zero pence budget at the moment but i'm sure as the season gets closer, I might be able to put £10 into supermarket bits).

I do have a massive stash spread across 2 properties but especially in the last few years, 99% of it has become even rarer (either classed as collectable's or are borderline) so no point in firing. I will just keep the lot for another year or 2 and then sell it off.

I'm thinking I will probably end up lighting a few of my drone attacks, a few bits from recent selection boxes (that were only half used the other year) and depending on whats on offer at supermarkets this year, a £5 pack of deep space/loud and clear, plus a small selection box.

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Things were a bit topsy turvy last year for myself;I had to do a belated display at my mates farm in November after the early snowfall and bitterly cold weekend we had after the 5th but few turned up because the road was impassable to the ice. Only those with 4 wheel drive vehicles turned up and those with ordinary cars;it was impossible.

Hopefully my mate up at his farm can have something this year;BUT no bonfire because he's moved everything around and the space we used to have the bonfires on can no longer be used unfortunately. Oh well that's progress for you, I hope he can agree to the fireworks because the space for that is still there thankfully.

Thinking of making things easier this year - gonna get a medium sized Garden Party type display pack for the first half and using large 13" cone fountains, fountain start mines, roman candles, roman candle cakes and barrages, rockets, big 25 metre wheels for the second half of the event and i'm gonna go the whole hog and get a Waterfall setpiece to finish hung above the display zone on 2 3m posts fastened to wood stakes knocked into the ground. ;)

STEVO

Noble the 1st
Sep 3, 2014
i be going to the widnes display on the bridge then set my small display then use me heavy pyro off after my display

Reactions: Dan12

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
well, hopefully, il be setting up my local display this year since it will be on a Saturday. I will be setting my stuff off during the week or the Friday.

I have just managed to get garden held done this year, all I need doing to it is roots digging up. then I will have plenty of room.

If you are going to a local organised display, could you please add it to our display directory? http://bonfirenighttraditions.co.uk/firework-displays/form/ with as much information as possible.

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
haha yes, it's a good thing. :) Oh defo be some weco in the stash as well. with some scientific mini reviews going in.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
So its a lot nearer the time now...
Has anyone made any firmer plans?

For me its deffinitly the council display, which is taking place off 3 barges on the river at 6.30, then home for a selection of fireworks around 7.30-8pm.
Ive decided I wont be ordering online this year but instead il pick up some bits from Lidl, Wilko possibly the range/ Rightway depending upon what they have an the evening will be chilled out with a nice bonfire alongside.

Reactions: Vladster

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Basically sorted now, we're having garden pyro on the 4th, and then going to the local scout display on Saturday :)

Reactions: Dan12

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
Nice one Dan, that sounds good to me mate :)

I've already done my main shopping (Firework Crazy & Galactic) for this year and anything i buy now will be smaller items like the 3 for £20 at Lidl and maybe a couple of other bits and pieces from the other supers.

As for BFN, i'm just gonna do what i've done every year since i first started buying pyro back in 2012 and that is to set off whatever comes to hand, obviously leaving the bigger stuff until the end, i don't really think about firing orders as such, i usually just go with the flow and i know we'll all enjoy it :)

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Sounds good Vlad! Yeah I love the idea of setting everything off at random, makes the evening more relaxed, and a little more spread out.

This will be the first year in a few where I havn't done an online order, and I would of placed the order if it wasnt for the council display which sounds unmissable this year, and it seems a bit of a waste to order online to have a rushed evening and due to work/ other plans we can't have them another night.

Il probably do a few on the Friday evening though, although the majority of the family arnt able to make it.

Jezzadw

Baronet the 3rd
Mar 15, 2016
Fireworks in garden on the 4th (weather pending) and the council display on the 5th.

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Bumping for any updated plans...

For us its changed a bit, plan now is half the stash Friday, with remainder Saturday night after the River of Light event on the Mersey:)

Vladster

Esquire the 5th
Oct 12, 2012
Edinburgh
We're now gonna have a pre BFN display for just the 4 of us on Friday now, i wasn't planning to but my wife came up with the idea earlier and you won't find me disagreeing with her on this particular subject lol. We'll be keeping a lot of the bigger stuff for the Saturday though as we've got friends and family coming round for a drink and probably a takeaway.

I'll probably set off this on Friday :)

Fountains
Bright Star Funky Frog
Brothers Hokus Pokus
TNT Devil

Cakes
Bright Star - Jewel of the Nile, Phantom Strike
Brothers - Fireworks Crazy Mini (for the finale)
Celtic - Beijing Blitz, Bite Me
Cosmic Star Blitz
Jorge Mars Big Bang
Weco Gothic Lights

Rockets
Tai Pan Viper
Tai Pan Ballistic

Wheels
Black Cat Turbo
Brothers Destiny

Alexs21

Wizard the 3rd
Oct 25, 2014
Having everyone come round on Saturday for a bonfire and fireworks and they usually stay quite late :)

AnthonyUKpyro

Royal Knight the 3rd
Feb 13, 2013
Setting a TNT LOL box Friday night at a friends house for his two little loveable little 4 year old boys (who love fireworks by the way!) and setting my small Nov 5 stash off on Saturday at my mates farm for his bonfire party ;)