Decorations In Your Town

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Hey, carrying on from when we put our own decorations up, thought a nice topic would be to discuss our local town centres christmas decorations. Also gives us a chance to see whose is the earliest lol.

Think Liverpool may be a contender, our switch on is 7th November!

We do have some brilliant decorations though, the tree is always massive and always looks amazing! Pics will follow once its up:)

zephieish

Royal Knight the 1st
Sep 6, 2014
West Midlands
We just have some basic light up decorations attached to street lights in our town.

I don't remember there being a tree for some years now.

Funny though, as further up the road in Four Oaks they stick a tree on a busy roundabout, where there is only a Shell garage and a Dominos..

Reactions: Dan12

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
taunton is crap, half of them don't work usually and the switch on thing is awful, we do have a nice tree though.
our switch on is the 23rd november, quite late this year

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
Looks like were really lucky then, ours look fantastic, all the main shopping streets have lights strung across from building to building, and when the christmas market arrives it feels soo christmassy! Cant wait til they turn them on, always love going going for a wonder to see whats new this year :)

Reactions: Somersetpyro

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Looks like were really lucky then, ours look fantastic, all the main shopping streets have lights strung across from building to building, and when the christmas market arrives it feels soo christmassy! Cant wait til they turn them on, always love going going for a wonder to see whats new this year :)
taunton used to be great, but last few years been a load of steaming turds. Maybe this year they may be better

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
So walking through town, signs of Christmas are already there, most of the christmas lights have now gone up around the main shopping streets!

gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 6th
Oct 6, 2012
Solihull
Yes towns usually do a massive eventa my old town home does one every year. Well I think they do now. I know most town's pit lights on throughout the weeks in November.

Somersetpyro

S-T Fireworks Guardian
Dec 16, 2013
Taunton
Yes towns usually do a massive eventa my old town home does one every year. Well I think they do now. I know most town's pit lights on throughout the weeks in November.
yeah, taunton has a big thing about it, they shut the roads for the day, have rides, sales, crap stalls, and then a not-very-good fireworks display after the main event

Reactions: gaz

Dan12

Royal Knight the 4th
Oct 15, 2013
So the official programme has been revealed for Liverpool,

"Come and celebrate the Christmas season at Liverpool ONE with an enchanting night to remember. Follow the fairytale lantern parade around the city as it spreads the excitement of the season and illuminates Liverpool’s streets.

Be sure to stay for the spectacular finale as the parade culminates at Liverpool ONE with a bang! Little ones and grown-ups alike will enjoy watching the lanterns halt at Sugar House Steps followed by a performance like no other."

Sounds really good!

Plus with a slight change of tactic this year, theyve decided that the lights on the massive tree wont be switched on til 20th November. I persume this is so the tree can be delivered later so it lasts longer as a lot of the needles had fallen off by the time Christmas came last year.