Decent, Long lasting barrage.

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY
Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.
Register now

jay

Noble the 2nd
Oct 11, 2012
do any of you know of any Decent (preferably 1.3G) long lasting (2 mins or more) barrages for no more than £50. i usually get a few cakes and a big rocket or 2 for NYE but i'd like to try one big barrage and a cake or 2 rather than leaving gaps and bad timing while i light the cakes. :huh:
it will have to complement a King or 2 as well, as that's how i plan on starting new year off :D

Pompeypyro

Noble the 1st
Oct 18, 2012
jay said:
do any of you know of any Decent (preferably 1.3G) long lasting (2 mins or more) barrages for no more than £50. i usually get a few cakes and a big rocket or 2 for NYE but i'd like to try one big barrage and a cake or 2 rather than leaving gaps and bad timing while i light the cakes. :huh:
it will have to complement a King or 2 as well, as that's how i plan on starting new year off :D
Bright star thunder bomb/Men Shun thunderation can be picked up for around £50/£60 just of 2mins 1.3g and loud. Total fx golden thunder pro also very loud with ti salutes around £50

berry1

Wizard the 2nd
Oct 7, 2012
If it was me i would stretch your budget slightly and get a brothers fire one. Ok it is double your budget but you get what you pay for with pyro ;) fire one is a very popular new years firework so definitely my recommendation.

If you do want to keep it to £50 as already said a brightstar thunderbomb is loud and long lasting.

Really why i would go with a fire one over a thunderbomb is because a fire one is fanned and will fire randomly filling the sky. Thunderbombs are not fanned so a more straight up display. Really depends on your firing space and audience.

just1boronut

Peasant the 1st
Oct 21, 2012
I think that you will get something that will be a compromise , you might get 2 mins for the price , but it will probably be weak in my opinion like tankbuster from epic , you might try ringing a few retailers and ask if they have any stock that they are planning to clear out that might fit your bill.
I do agree with your point though about duration mate , especially if you visualise your cash going up in smoke lol

Jan 23, 2013
The problem is that fireworks of that size and budget are only going to contain around 1kg neq. Currently you can get some fireworks a little over that but the gross weight is restricted to 10kg and that to a certain effect will restrict the neq anyway. When the EN as opposed to the BS regulations come in to effect I believe the maximum neq will be 1kg.

Therefore if you only have 1kg of explosive to play with you can either fire it all quickly for a spectacular effect or fire it slowly to gain duration. The same principle applies to the size of the effects. You can either have a small number of large shots or a larger number of small shots.

I remember a firework from Men Shun that lasted 5 minutes. It was painfully slow. The best thing to improve the firework would have been to have all the shots fire in a minute. You'll find most manufacturers aim for around 1 to 2mins as this still gives a good display but is not all gone in a few seconds.

We tried this with our 500 shot End of the World II. The first version fired in 2mins 30 seconds, the second version with exactly the same colours and effects fired in 45 seconds. Which was the best seller - the 45 second one.