Costco bbq

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
I think we have found our new BBQ, really wouldn't mind the Rotisserie Kit. I am hoping we get this extension done sometime soon so we can catch it while the weather is good. If not, then Bonfire night it is. :p

It's one of those big luxury LPG BBQ's with rear infra red burner for roasting meat joints and poultry on the rotisserie and side ring for cooking onions and accompaniments.

I bet if you change the regulator on the pipe to a 28mbar butane regulator you could quite easily run it on lower cost 12 / 13 and 15kg butane cylinders by Rose Gas / Calor / Flo Gas / Birmingham Auto Gas / Rix / Countrywide etc.

Butane gas is good for BBQ's in spring / summer and milder weather generally as it burns hotter and cleaner than propane (just a slight yellow tipping of the burner flames is present) and cooks food quicker too with its slightly higher heat output but it becomes useless around freezing though and isn't so suited to colder weather.

Last edited:

Gaz

Administrator
Sovereign the 4th
We have a Butane one, and I can relate to that, I did try doing some burgers and sausages on mine, This was 2 nights before my last child was born, I can tell you it took longer than usual, They did taste ok though.

This BBQ has a ceramic infra red searing burner : once lit, it shoots up to temperature fast and it quickly browns and sears steaks chops and burgers just the way you like them. Infra red heat is fast acting, rapid warming, and gets to bright red in seconds of ignition...I can eventually see a day when bottled gas BBQ's will be all infra red (they won't have flame tube burners to clog with juices and fat and will last even longer). Flame tube burners can clog with fat and juices producing a large yellow flame with soot and a lack of power, and need frequent cleaning to avoid eventual burner failure, with infra red, you just turn the ceramic plaque burners on high to burn off all the residue till the smoke and yellow flaring disappear, then wash the grids in hot soapy water.

Last edited: